• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What type of header is everybody using for 3L turbo???

i know NPG sell them but not sure if anyone here uses them

they resell MSDS headers. MSDS are the only available headers for this plateform. the only other would be the ones that are part of the ADC turbo kit, if you can find a kit.

I know NPG was working on their own design but I don't know what happened to that project.

i know NPG sell them but not sure if anyone here uses them

WTF? MSDS headers are currently the only headers available brand new for the Contour.

If you are referring to NPG, well lots of people use them. the owner, Joey, is even a member both on here and NECO.

You may also see some WR headers floating around which were MSDS knock offs produced in stainless steel. MSDS went after WR because of the design and WR stopped selling them a few years back. I've used both and being in MN I prefer the WR stainless and have never had any issues with them. I wish MSDS produced them in stainless. All of their coatings suck for a rust preventative. Surface rust starts showing through very fast on those that are coated.

However, you can buy a set of stainless headers for a mazda 6 and modify them to work with a Cougar/Contour V6 if you really want stainless. Those are very cheap on ebay.... :)

Brett can chime in here but I don't believe his headers made much if any difference in his turbo. I think a gutted stock manifold will work especially if cost is important.

Brett can chime in here but I don't believe his headers made much if any difference in his turbo. I think a gutted stock manifold will work especially if cost is important.

Yea, I'm not real sure it made any real difference. It changed the sound a little bit, and it's pretty loud when the wastegate dumps :).

But if you have the engine out, you might as well do it now if you can afford it, because installing headers is a big pain in the butt.

Back