• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check Dayton/Columbus meet

2kSVT

CEG'er
We have several new members in the area. It would be nice meet the new guys, and see old faces. How many people would be interested in a get together in the spring. We could plan for like beginning of April maybe. We have had a meet at Dave and Buster's in Cincy that was good. We also had one at Speeds go cart place in Columbus. Any ideas and interst?? Discuss

Rod

I guess it depends on everyone. Maybe have it late March/early April, a reason to get the tours shiny before SZ! I would think a Sat. afternoon, but whatever works for the masses. If it started at like noon or a little after, it gives the guys from farther away time to drive in. The best one we had was at Dave and Buster's north of Cincy. We had 15 or so tours there. Roger brought the Striped SVT down.

Im interested, but its got to be nice enough out to take the cover off the SVT!

last time I went down that way was for a meet at Speeds, 2 hour drive and nobody showed up!

If it's in Columbus, I'm def in, for sure, maybe (depending on the date!). Cinci might be good too, as I can hit the skateboard park there.

might be in if i can get the car done on time and the weather is good enough to take it out of the garage

Yeah, the last Speeds meet was a flop. I drove there and waited a little while and then left. When I got home later, I think maybe 1 or 2 people said they made the trip. It was probably you. I would like to do it when it's nice out too. I have new suspension to install. A 2" drop along with my 18's on rubber bands should look great. I'm hoping the weather lets up soon. We got a 1/2 " of snow last nite, now it 40 and melting! Ohio weather is crazy. So, we now we want to make it when it's warm. Where do we want to go? Cincy/Columbus/Dayton. We could do Dave and Busters/Speeds(huge lot/gocarts) or some outdoor location(park or something) It will give us a reason to shine em up.

Maybe we should do a poll as to where to have it. If we want to make it a central location, then Columbus is the place. We would need our Columbus boyz to step up and pick a cool venue. I'm willing to drive, maybe we could have a Dayton area caravan to Columbus. Let's make this happen, it's a good time I promise, especially for the people who have never met other members. All people/cars welcome. Rawburt you are welcome to bring the turbo tour, I spoke to you at SZ, but I really want a ride. So does Columbus sound good. We had a meet at Speeds. It's right near a highway and has cool(little pricey) indoor track,restaurant, a huge lot. Date that is good. If we have plenty of notice, we can all get off work!

Maybe we should do a poll as to where to have it. If we want to make it a central location, then Columbus is the place. We would need our Columbus boyz to step up and pick a cool venue. I'm willing to drive, maybe we could have a Dayton area caravan to Columbus. Let's make this happen, it's a good time I promise, especially for the people who have never met other members. All people/cars welcome. Rawburt you are welcome to bring the turbo tour, I spoke to you at SZ, but I really want a ride. So does Columbus sound good. We had a meet at Speeds. It's right near a highway and has cool(little pricey) indoor track,restaurant, a huge lot. Date that is good. If we have plenty of notice, we can all get off work!

my vote would be for columbus, but I thought I heard speeds was closed.......

I'm not sure about Speeds, I haven't been there since last meet. I said Columbus, cause it's a central location. I'm not familiar with what is fun to do there. Is there any local that wants to step up and pick a venue? Is there a Dave and Buster's in Columbus? That might be an idea. I'll drive where ever. If someone knows of a place/event that would be cool, I'm down. It seems like we have enough interest, let's pick a location and do this!

Would everyone be down for Dave and Buster's in Columbus?? Just checked their website and there a one there. We just need a date that is good with everyone. Is a Saturday best?? I just came home from work, and we have genuine blizzard conditions in SW Ohio. I drove the Navigator and had some spots that we near impassable with 4x4 and alot of ground clearance. I would have beached the SVT on a drift!

I'll show up for any Columbus meet, for sure - as long as I'm not travelling or something. Keeping an eye on this thread...

The Roush is under the knife until next weekend, but who would have a meet in this weather anyway...

Should be fun; looking forward to it.

Cool, I thought about doing a poll for what day would be good. Just throwing it out there but possible dates...March 29, April 5, April 12, or April 19.

What do you guys think, Dave and Buster's in Columbus one of these days?

Rod

Far as I know, I'll be in town on ALL of those weekends. And I live about 5 minutes from the Hilliard Dave & Buster's in West Columbus.

Back