• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Do we want built?

I was just saying cuz i needed to replace my rear fender on my old tour & some1 said i cant then i looked @ it & noticed itd all 1 piece up & over the doors & roof. But maybe if u cut it out @ the door n below the window & for the rite amount of $ im sure it can be done

Screw it just make a carbon fiber shell :eek:

How about a group buy for CF Evo hoods. I know that will get interest quick. Is it possible? I know 10 Ceg'ers would jump into that wagon quick. I know I would.

I would like one of these ^ also.

Along with that, I was in the interested group for both sides of roof drip rails... still am interested.

WoW, a "wide body kit!" Now that's an idea with merit!

Last edited:
How experienced is shosource at hand fabbing stuff with cf, fiberglass and all that, creating molds, vacuum forming, etc. etc. etc?
I'm sure they're bomb but just curious.

They have been producing/or have them produced, and have been doing so for many years (6'ish years) And have a great track record. If you go on there website you will see they have choices of colors, and 2 colors weeved (or is it woven?) Together.

All of you spray paint your drip moldings black. Problem solved.

I would buy an OEM style cf hood.

98-00 CF trunk

and aftermarket cams, springs, retainers!

I would paint them thought about it, even maybe silver on the black car to give it done suttle stripes to match some other silver on the car but mine are pretty rotted out, sticky up on the ends & holes all over them. So id be down ob some new 1s

my 99 SE needs new roof drip rail moldings bad, the passenger side one is sticking up, and im half tempted to just rip is off all together. Id like a set made out of fiberglass or urethane, something i can paint to match.

The CF stuff doesnt really interest me, but some equal lengh tuned headers and y-pipe would be a nice setup, especially for a 3.0L swap.

Definately long tube headers and a better y pipe setup. Cams would be awesome too! I got away from the idea of turbo'ing this car since its my daily driver...if anything....Nitrous or supercharger (if I can find a setup or the Vortech I need).

I say we get Vortech back in the game!!! I would go to the bank tomorrow for a loan to buy a damn supercharger setup!!

Cat Cams has plenty of offerings on camshafts but it does cost a bit of money. However, you may want to check out this possible cam regrind Group Buy that BuckeyeSVT is trying to get off the ground. Keep in mind that the intended target for this regrind is naturally aspirated full 3L swaps; no investigation has been made into how this cam regrind would perform on port-matched swaps and/or forced induction.

http://www.fordcontour.org/topic/13936-my-30l-retune-with-custom-cams/

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0...95-new-cams-new-tune-full-oval-port-3-0l.html

SO many great ideas...so little time before SZ12!!! lol The idea above with tubular control arms and traction bars.....would be the best thing ever made for these cars!!

How about a tubular aluminum front (maybe rear too) bumper? Like what the Mumm Bros made for their Cougar... and it would be a lot better than a swiss cheesed plastic one.
New%20Bumper2..jpg

I thought one of the Contour race teams did this... if not I'm not sure how feasible it is. But I think a tubular front brace would be great. It would replace the U shaped brace that ties both sides of the car together in the front. Have it bent forward to make more room for coolers... as well as not obstruct the airflow to the radiator like the current one does.

I would LOVE some light weight front end pieces. Fenders, bumper, hood, especially some suspension components.
billet aluminum spindle????? I mean it is like extreme parts but we have extreme cars so what's up.

Would there even be anyone interested in shaving around a hundred lbs from the front for a bit of $$$$?

emachineshop is bad ass. My friend and I have some COOL ish in it but need to order "moar" stuff to make the price more mmmmm forgiving.

please refer to my "old part donations" thread. . . . . =)

Rocker Moldings are hard to find. I have a 98 SVT with rusted rockers and cannot find rocker panels and or (stock) rocker molding. I can find after market.

If they could do patch panels it would helpful. Most of the rust occurs around the wheelwll, and since the liners are plastic you don't have to mess with welding the inner fender/wheelwell (like on my 72 Mustang).

Back