• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Do we want built?

AllanR

New CEG'er
Im not sure where to put this. Mod's, delete or move if I shouldnt be posting. This is a "gauging interest thread"

I have been a Member of SHOForum.com for going on 7 years. So I decided to email one of the owners of www.shosource.com

After a few emails, he said he would be willing to get more involved with us if there was enough interest.

He said he could do Y Pipes

He could do CF Hoods and trunk Group Buys with 10 people to each.

They also already have different stage clutch options in stock for us. (Stock threw stg.4)

And there willing to do more. We talked about adjustable rear control arm's, bigger brake upgrades and ect..

So my question to you contour folk' is, what would you like to see? Price range?

The parts that will likely garner the biggest interest are left and right drip rail moldings for the roof of the car. Ford USA and Europe have discontinued these parts and no more remain in the dealership network. These moldings are getting severely dry-rotted now. CEG member CSVT#49 championed the cause to get more moldings but has run into a great deal of resistance at getting a manufacturer to make these for us (he is also very busy with his monster car build project). Here is the thread on the attempt to get a Group Buy going on these parts:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?61010-IC-OEM-Roof-trim-parts-GB&daysprune=-1

Page 4, message #35 of this thread had 18 people committed to a purchase (some of them wanting 2 pairs).

Long tube headers that fit with no remote oil resevior needed. But I agree the most....the roof rails for SURE!! Mine look like ••••. I would like to see them made of plastic, fiberglass, or something paintable. You can paint the stock ones...its just not gonna last as long.

Im going to let this run for about a week to let anyone who wants to comment chime in before I talk to them again. If were talking to a major producer of SHO Aftermarket, (Also a dieing breed) I dont want to go into this half-ass/blind. I want to have some thing solid to approach them with after asking them if they had interest in working with the CSVT community..

So anyone, Lets hear it, Also Dont forget to post prices you think are resonable.

Dude...everybody on this site that loves their CSVT wants the rubber roof rail moldings....but I would like to paint mine body color...because the black rubber is gay. So having them made of something paintable is probably what 90% of us want....only a few on here that have stock CSVT's.

Dont forget about us pre 98 folk.

They said they could do both. Just takes 10 people per style for the GB. Prices should be what is normaly seen I gave them a "round about" Price Of what I saw them going for threw some older group buy's and they didnt seem to have a problem with it.

As far as roof rail moldings, When I contact them again Ill add that to the list. But there not going to start doing big business in the the contour scene off 1 product. So I would like to give them the idea for a few (5+ Things that you guys want to see)

So far
Trunks/hoods
roof drip moldings
Equal length Y Pipes.

What else do you want to see... performance? inside upgrades? more out side? suspension?

The parts that will likely garner the biggest interest are left and right drip rail moldings for the roof of the car. Ford USA and Europe have discontinued these parts and no more remain in the dealership network. These moldings are getting severely dry-rotted now. CEG member CSVT#49 championed the cause to get more moldings but has run into a great deal of resistance at getting a manufacturer to make these for us (he is also very busy with his monster car build project). Here is the thread on the attempt to get a Group Buy going on these parts:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?61010-IC-OEM-Roof-trim-parts-GB&daysprune=-1

Page 4, message #35 of this thread had 18 people committed to a purchase (some of them wanting 2 pairs).

Dude...everybody on this site that loves their CSVT wants the rubber roof rail moldings....but I would like to paint mine body color...because the black rubber is gay. So having them made of something paintable is probably what 90% of us want....only a few on here that have stock CSVT's.

Yes... get these made. Maybe they'll have better luck then I did...

Also put in a request for a roll cage... they had something going then it died.

ahhhhh another long time shoforum member same here i recently got rid of my sho after 8 yrs....but i would like to see some headers and highflow ypipes

How about a group buy for CF Evo hoods. I know that will get interest quick. Is it possible? I know 10 Ceg'ers would jump into that wagon quick. I know I would.

what about JPC's seems alot of people are always looking for those? or even side skirts. Just a thought

You can still buy them from ford. I think there $25-$30 each.

I'm down for some carbon fiber hoods, especially if they are OEM style!
How about a group buy for CF Evo hoods. I know that will get interest quick. Is it possible? I know 10 Ceg'ers would jump into that wagon quick. I know I would.

I dont know if evo hoods are possible. I can ask. I was thinking stock, cowl, or maybe some thing like a "power buldge hood" That came on the 91 SHO Plus. Like this-
Gen1_CF_OEM_Hood_Side.jpg

Just a couple more days intil I email them back the info from this thread. Thanks everyone.

carbon kevlar front fenders, hood, trunk then if successful rear fenders.
:)

How experienced is shosource at hand fabbing stuff with cf, fiberglass and all that, creating molds, vacuum forming, etc. etc. etc?
I'm sure they're bomb but just curious.

Just curious how would u do rear fenders? Arent they molded with part of the body, roof etc. Thought u couldnt replace the rears.

oh i dunno i've never really inspected it I was just blurting out sh*t.

but if the time, tolls and money are there. Anything can be done my friend.

I was just saying cuz i needed to replace my rear fender on my old tour & some1 said i cant then i looked @ it & noticed itd all 1 piece up & over the doors & roof. But maybe if u cut it out @ the door n below the window & for the rite amount of $ im sure it can be done

Back