• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

I did a quick clean & took it out for a drive. Because i have a big heart, i gave the tarmac about a mm or two of my BF Goodrich Super Sports & subsequently impressed a certain young lady as i shifted through the gears on the tollway at ungodly speeds. GOD I LOVE MY CAR! You asked...;)

Just in time for the snow about to hit Detroit. My new wiper transmission showed up, but with an old six-pin wiper motor. Swapped out motors and got the new piece installed. Sweet!

After sitting in a desk all day dealing with quality issues on new cars, it's great to fix a part on my old DD and do some real work. Sending a kid to private school...$$$$$$. These 14 year old cars are fun. Having two...at least one usually works!

Contemplated on selling it.

Not done Contemplating.

Tried to buy Sam's... he wasn't as amused

contour_zpsbdfdaff0.jpg

I have been laying out some IMRC covers!! Just note...I did not wetsand or buff either cover. I could have and they would have been flawless. But there were only a few nibs in the clear and it was damn near glassed out already. I love this Iwata LS400H Super Nova clear gun we have at work!!

Shaved letters and glassed out with no texture. Black one for SkullV's car (the car svttour is building for him)
DSCF0028.jpg

photobucket-8302-1360201102965_zps60757966.jpg

photobucket-8884-1360253758393_zpsdf735189.jpg

My Carbon Fiber one I scuffed and laid more clear on today.
photobucket-6045-1360368108891_zps8b357834.jpg

Reason I had to reclear mine...after I popped my hood and saw this (a dull finish on my carbon fiber one). Look how killer SkullV's cover turned out!!
photobucket-4893-1360370572915_zps0185b989.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday - Installed front seats out of parts car into my svt. Not only do they look tons better but they feel like new seats. I couldnt believe how much different(in a good way) they feel compared to the old ones.

Today - Installed a new rear strut mount on the drivers side which got rid of my creaky rear, and installed the trunk assist struts from the parts car into my car, so I no longer have to worry about getting a lump on my head. Ordered 2 sets of bezels for the cougar projector retrofit, and also ordered a weld in Vented filler neck that accepts a pressure cap, to fix the possibility of the weaponR coolant tank from blowing up. Also Cleaned the shop which was also long over due and really gives me motivation to get to work on the projectors. Now have to decide to work on pulling the parts car engine or the before mentioned projectors??

Edit - And just ordered a spool gun for my hobart 210mvp welder so I can weld aluminum :)

Today I tried to remove my oil catch can the stock one I think that's what it was. So anyway I removed it and just put a straight hose in and at first it was running okay then she jumped up to 2500 rpm and start to have a high pitched sqweel. So I turned it off and put all the stock crap back in. Oil catch can. And then she ran just fine. So idk how other people remove it and run there hose straight to the cold air intake to the uim thing that's on the right side of the tb.

drove it to work, then drove it home. :( My svt life has been boring since November
Start modding the 2.5l so you enjoy the drive more :laugh:

I bolted a set of race bits headers to the port-matched 3l in my garage. Now waiting on the rest of the parts to show up this upcoming week.

Start modding the 2.5l so you enjoy the drive more :laugh:

I bolted a set of race bits headers to the port-matched 3l in my garage. Now waiting on the rest of the parts to show up this upcoming week.

I cant justify putting the headers on the stock 2.5, I do however have the optimized TB and AEM intake on it. Still such a dog. I've been working on buying tools this year for work. Since the new year I've spent about 800 bucks on tools and 0 on the SVT. Hasn't even been due for an oil change yet. :(

Here's a pic of me yesterday at the Auto X at Zmaxx.

photo_zps82e1cb5c.png

There are two things about the car I know one I haven't gotten around to doing and the other I can't not without a door.....

Back