• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

After driving my Contour to work for the second time today, I realized that these coilovers are not for me. They are not to bad, but this isn't my track car!

-Sam

I drove mine today, that's pretty much it. The SVT body kit and interior are going on in the spring.
I keep parts cars around just for this reason.

After working on a contour you usually feel like this :mad: and after you kick a junk one you feel like this:D

That's exactly how I felt this weekend after doing front-end work on my Jeep. 14 years and 170,000 miles take their toll...

Over the past week Ive done quite a few things, and still more to go.

-Picked up both drivers side window reg's from Sam and finally got a chance to put them in, work like butter now.
-Then I pulled my sunroof motor cover to repair the rear tabs and paint it with plastidip, got that installed, only to have the sunroof motor poop out on me right after I get the cover back on. Thankfully I have a spare gear for that, but I dont want to pull it back down lol.
-Installed my fresh OEM headlights I got from Sam as well.
-Picked up a great condition black leather steering wheel out of a cougar and put that in saturday, only to notice i put it on one space to the left so had to redo that today.
-Plastidipped my hood matte black to at least make it more appealing than the previous owners primered hood look that was there when I bought it.
-Built a new sub floor for the trunk and found a nice condition OEM mat to throw on top of it for a stock look, but much stonger.
-Also plastidipped my new Wings West Pre98 Se spoiler, to be ready to be mated with my Pre98 trunk I also got from Sam.

Over the past week Ive done quite a few things, and still more to go.

-Picked up both drivers side window reg's from Sam and finally got a chance to put them in, work like butter now.
-Then I pulled my sunroof motor cover to repair the rear tabs and paint it with plastidip, got that installed, only to have the sunroof motor poop out on me right after I get the cover back on. Thankfully I have a spare gear for that, but I dont want to pull it back down lol.
-Installed my fresh OEM headlights I got from Sam as well.
-Picked up a great condition black leather steering wheel out of a cougar and put that in saturday, only to notice i put it on one space to the left so had to redo that today.
-Plastidipped my hood matte black to at least make it more appealing than the previous owners primered hood look that was there when I bought it.
-Built a new sub floor for the trunk and found a nice condition OEM mat to throw on top of it for a stock look, but much stonger.
-Also plastidipped my new Wings West Pre98 Se spoiler, to be ready to be mated with my Pre98 trunk I also got from Sam.

Damn someone had a busy weekend.:laugh:

I got to push mine down the street after it broke down in -10* temps :nonono:. Thanks ••••er.

Pushed the clutch down to start the car, and "pop" went the clutch and pedal to the floor. No pressure. Look under the car, leaking clutch fluid. Found out that I installed the clutch line-to-TOB clip in from the side instead of in from the top :nonono:. So, nothings broken luckily - just get the line back on and put the c-clip in the right way, duh. :eek:

Finnaly got it aligned and new tires put on. All ready for inspection and emmissions. As soon as i put the front bumper back on since i had to take it off so they could get it on thier lift.

looked at it sitting in the driveway, on jack stands, with a covering of snow and looking sad, waiting for the old engine to come out. the temps have been single digits the last few days, and the last thing I want to do is snap bolts...

I looked at mine today... :( I haven't started it since before Christmas, because I still have summer tires on, and if there's snow it's just not going to get driven. If I start it, I want to drive it. I think this weekend might be promising. I'm probably going to go put a deposit down on a Focus ST on Saturday morning, and it's only fair to drive the SVT there so she can participate, right?

started mine up and then heard it go into the ditch across from my house and now i need a rear bumper cover and i think i have a dent in the quater panel

started mine up and then heard it go into the ditch across from my house and now i need a rear bumper cover and i think i have a dent in the quater panel

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

I left mine in the garage today, and will do the same for probably the next, well who knows how many days\weeks really. :) Last week was the first time it had been driven since before Christmas I believe.

Back