• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WGL Meet 10/17 - by your request

I don't know what to say. I've never made any one sick before and I had a couple bowls of the stuff without issue.Then again I didn't have any of the other food. Joe, didn't you have a plate of brats?

hahahaha :laugh:

It was up all day long and nothing was worked on :laugh:

Yeah, that's just a little frustrating. I kept hearing the clunk on my way to work. I just want to find out what the f'ing problem is and fix it.

It's coming from something in the back. It sounds like it's coming from the driver side, but I can't really tell. SHOgoFast and I couldn't figure it out two years ago. Alley thought it was that my rear sway bar mounts being broken, but those seem to be fine. Nothing appears loose or broken on the rear suspension. SHOgoFast did cut my stoppers down when we installed the lowering springs, so those aren't banging, though I was getting this sound before we swapped out the struts and springs. The new struts/springs made no difference in the clunk. There isn't a whole lot going on back there but no one has been able to figure it out.

Edit: Hector told me to tighten up the sway bar components, but there was nothing to tighten.

Based on the pre-meet things you discussed with Joe when i quickly glanced at your suspension on the car yesterday i didn't see any problems.

qeustion to all: do the contours' rear suspension come with shock top mounts? Like some VW have at the frotn with the strut mount bearing on it too?

I may sound retarded about it but some cars make that noise when those two components go out...

If you are talking about the strut mounts which go at the top of the struts, then yes they all have that and new ones were installed with the struts and springs last year. The problem was there before those were replaced and remained after they were replaced.

oh wow..., then n/m to that theory then...wth could it be..., what about the stabilizer bars or whatever that go from the front to the rear suspension?

That rear suspension clunk is mysterious. When I had the car up and replaced virtually ALL components back there I couldn't find any slop or looseness that would lead to a clunk. Sean and I looked at everything in and around the suspension/trunk.

Well, now he has a re-inforced, blasted, and painted subframe he can sell off or do whatever with. :/

Well, now he has a re-inforced, blasted, and painted subframe he can sell off or do whatever with. :/

Actually he has nothing. I have a re-inforced, blasted, and painted subframe I can sell off or do whatever with!

LOL j/k. No seriously, it's sitting at my house.

If I had a place to store stuff, I would. Thanks again Dave for storing my parts.

I still want to put the subframe in anyway, but that's a project for another time.

Back