• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

West Great Lakes * WANT TO BUY *

Rear Bumper Needed

Rear Bumper Needed

Anyone know where I could get one in good to great shape? Neighbor backed into mine and cracked it just behind the back tire. Made a nice little plastic triangle.

OR, is it better to have it fixed? Either way, I'm having a shop do the repairs so color isn't an issue.

Thanks

They won't be able to fix it at the body shop without it cracking again... if it broke like this:
car152.jpg

Have them buy you a new one and let me know if you are getting rid of the one you have. I will buy it and come pick it up.

Sure they can. Proper materials and methods can have it repaired permanently. :shrug:

Really? The vibration from the bumps and that being a major mounting point, I would suspect the "wound" would open up again... :shrug:

Good luck

The major mounting points are the 4 nuts located near the exhaust. A urethane welder should permanently repair the damage. :cool:

Blu_fuz;
My bumper has the exact same break (crappy little triangle) but on the other side of the car. It seems that all my mounts are intact 'cause it's still all very stable, it just looks like crap. The car is going in mid march for the repair. The shop had a line on a new bumper in Indiana, but by the time they got confirmation from the insurance company, someone else snatched it up (it was a day later). Now they cannot find a new bumper, or a used one in good shape. Unless they, or I, come up with something, the plan is to have it fixed/rebuilt. They told me where they will be sending it, and it'll take about a week for the rebuild, but I forgot the name of the place and the technique. The body shop guarantees their repairs for life so, worst case is I take it back every couple of years. Since someone else's insurance is paying for it, I'd rather have a new one, of course. Mostly, I just want it fixed. If I get a new one, or they technique is to remold a new one, then mine is yours if you still want it. I'll know for sure the week of March 25th.

Pole120;
Thanks for your vote of confidence. Makes me feel better about the repair.

Yeah, for sure - get it fixed. I am glad they give you some kind of warranty with it. Should turn out ok - Let me know if it doesn't :evillaugh:

Hmm.. I need a T-red front SVT bumper. I think that the person who had this SVT before I did got into an accident and placed the bumper with a non SVT one.

Meh. :(

SVT MANIFOLD

SVT MANIFOLD

ok im lookign for an SVT intake manifold for my 98 since mine is no longer good. Must be a IM that didnt throw any codes..

98 SVT CONTOUR REAR BUMPER AND PASSENGER SIDE SKIRT

98 SVT CONTOUR REAR BUMPER AND PASSENGER SIDE SKIRT

I hope this gets posted. I am desperatly in need of these and can't seem to find the right place to get it posted. Please help me find the parts....Thank you!!!

I heard these aren't sold anymore, but maybe I'm wrong, if they are not sold anymore maybe someone has a set to sell....

Looking for Ford Racing 9mm Plug wires...

Doors and Fenders

Doors and Fenders

Looking for Tropic Green/Tan Interior, Front fenders, drivers door, and passengers rear door, possibly a SVT rear bumper as well....

1999 #60 tan, sheboygan wi just turned 100k dings and nics here and there but all should be pretty easy to fix if wanted.Runs good check engine light just came on for 02 and will replace on nice day when have time.Clutch was done not along ago by shop and think bill was like 1k or something.have papers.Has had dash warp in past and fixed decent but i could get it better.Have some b+g springs would toss in if got my asking price.There brand new in box.I paid 3800 in nov but bought car in dark and guy didnt point out dings etc so thats why im gonna take a loss.Noticed them when got to gas station.......Also since these pics i replaced the 215/40s with 225/45s so car looks 10 times better.Car will be for sale for sure in like two weeks or so when find another daily.

Back