• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

warlbro fuel pump install

I had an issue when I did the fuel pump in my SVT that it didn't seal up properly. I ended up pulling the pump out again and cleaning the mating surface between the metal plate for the pump and the tank itself.

That solved my issue. I couldn't see anything either but could smell it. There were a couple small pieces of dirt near that seal, must've been just enough to let the fumes out.

I'd double check that, but it could just need to air out some. Usually it smells a little bit for a day or so...

Seems like every Cougar that has done the install has encountered problems. You might lookup the install stories on NECO by PuckPuck, FastCougar, and DanG as well as BlackCoog.

I had an issue when I did the fuel pump in my SVT that it didn't seal up properly. I ended up pulling the pump out again and cleaning the mating surface between the metal plate for the pump and the tank itself.

That solved my issue. I couldn't see anything either but could smell it. There were a couple small pieces of dirt near that seal, must've been just enough to let the fumes out.

I'd double check that, but it could just need to air out some. Usually it smells a little bit for a day or so...

got a new seal and lock ring so I should be good to go ....

Back