• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

oil seals arrived today.... so the head unit will probably come out this weekend.

Do you still want the intake measurements ? .... G.

well excitement got the better of me.... head unit is off.

Exactly which measurements do you need ?

Sure. Rebuild mine too.

I've still got to find someone to press off the impeller... unless it's ok to tap out the shaft from the impeller.... anyone done that ? .... G.

I've still got to find someone to press off the impeller... unless it's ok to tap out the shaft from the impeller.... anyone done that ? .... G.

Ya' know, if the impeller didn't spin at 5-digit RPM's, you might get away with that, but I'd tote it to a machine shop and have it pressed apart. Tapping on rotating things with bearings is a good way to Brinell the bearings, which means you're putting little flat spots on the balls or rollers - then you will need new bearings.

hey Gary, Is it really qiute straight forward to press out ?

I read through the PDF files of superchargers being dismantled and there is a technique and important things to remember.

I wish I could borrow someone's press and do it myself ... much easier than trying to tell someone how to do it without pi551ng them off !!

I guess i'll have to be more patient and find the right place, cos I definately don't wanna pay for a new head unit ... G.

A good deal has washed up on some 42lb injectors. They are Delphi Injectors, look like this, they are a equivelant of a bosch lightning injector '99-'00

621031.jpg

http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html

Will i have any issues fitting these, physically? Mechanically, i thought 4 pintle would be ideal for my setup, but again i'm running a gutted split port LIM.

The caps do? I have a 3L injector in front of me with a longer cap style, but doesn't resemble those. The stock svt and my 24lb's injectors from a older cobra have flat cap in comparison.

I picture that not seating correctly. New injectors are 54$ more, i'll ask the seller, if no go ill get new.

id get the parts number of the size you want and look for them that way. you cant go wrong, also google images would supply you with an exact picture of what they look like

Pintle caps can be changed (replaced on rebuilds). If they don't work look at a local injector service to get replacements. Or ask the seller to include the caps you need.

Vortech build

Meh. Not going through that. Seller says they are the same he is full of it.

Ordering new... Done. So many boxes lol

Still trying to sort out the oil hoses. How does the vacuum line work into the oil feed side? I really don't understand the plumbing there... NO COMPREHENDO!

Seller..... he is full of it. !

i'm having the same problem elsewhere

Still trying to sort out the oil hoses. How does the vacuum line work into the oil feed side? I really don't understand the plumbing there... NO COMPREHENDO!

It's not a vacuum hose ... compressed air from the volute goes into that oil feed union and atomizes the oil, spraying a fine mist over the internals .... G.

G, when you take yours apart could you take a picture of how that is plummed?

Sure; no worries, it'll be next week sometime.

If you can't wait, on page 5 of the instruction manual, there is a schematic drawing.

I've got the black plastic intake off.. which measurements specifically do you want ? ..... G.

Width.

Im in no hurry. My objective is to have everything here before spring and know how it goes together.

Back