• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

ok.

I'm working on the rear of the car at the moment. As soon as I turn the car around i'll take the battery tray back out and remove it .... G

Quick cell pic Inventory, please let me know if you see any red flags off the bat. I know im missing a lot of schtuff.

3lR08VM.jpg

dWltIfr.jpg

bB3BE8a.jpg

4t6Nw4e.jpg

X4a5Jf4.jpg

GeDE3p3.jpg

Vortech build

Yeah I noticed. What end is that for? Feed? I don't have it all down yet... Where?

It's an orifice that sprays a low volume mist of oil at the internal gears, you can buy replacements from Vortech.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30071

It threads in the top of the gear case, generally about opposite the drain fitting, I'd look to see if a piece is still in the gear case, you can probably remove it with a screw extractor.

Vortech build

Ill take a look for it I didn't see anything right away, thanks for the link.

I forgot how expensive these projects snowball :laugh: oh yeah I talked with Martin at Msds about the header, doesn't seem to think it will be a issue, recommended I buy their coating over my own and not to wrap them for warrenry reasons/corrosion.... Every coated Msds header I've seen looks like crap after a short while. I think I'm going to go with my gut and get por20 high temp and wrap it anyway.

Looked into some other coatings and settled on techlines 'turbo x' ceramic for DIY. I don't think I'll bother wrapping with that coating. I'll order a raw header tomorrow.

Was going to get remflex gaskets like csvt#49 had, they have pretty bad reviews, sticking with oem or felpro

I think I have the majority of the intercooler setup figured out between Jaged, and 2000zxt.

Got a used 80 mil lightning maf, ordered a adapter for it.

So the big expenses left, an hoses, silicone intakes stuff, supercharger rebuild stuff, supercharger hardware stuff, boost gauge... Fuel injectors.

For the an hose, in the past I've always used stainless braided, but for cost, I know the hose gmorrel has pictured works too. Going to need -4 an for feed 3' -8 an drain, 3' and -10 an for the oil cooler, that will probably need like 15 feet. :blackeye: not to mention fittings. Any recommendations on that? I'm guessing I'll be over 200$ in just hose n fittings

That •••• gets adds up REAL fast. :shocked:

So the big expenses left, an hoses, silicone intakes stuff, supercharger rebuild stuff, supercharger hardware stuff, boost gauge... Fuel injectors.

just waded thru 31 pages of stuff on Summit Racing. Thought you might like to know there is a plastic intake in the Vortech section for about $50. It's not the supplied one but it may be better for your setup... worth a look.

Got my car turned round... measurements coming soon .... G.

No doubt you can still get some. I didn't come across one with a slim clearance like the original has, and i don't think there is much clearance between that inlet pipe and the frame. :(

Thanks Gorman, that will be very helpful.

ok just tried to get that intake off ... it is not possible to get it off until I remove the whole head unit assembly.

sorry I can't do it right away, I need to keep the car mobile while i finish the jobs i'm doing now.

I am going to remove the head unit soon, probably when I get some seals/bearings, that way i'll only have to do it one more time.

Have you managed to find a source for the rebuild parts ? Would it be possible for you to pick up a set of seals for me at the same time ? ... G.

the intake can come off with the head unit attached, ive done it, unless the cougar has a bigger engine bay. its tight, but doable

Hey Jaged... I've been swinging on it for 10 mins. I even took the 2 pipe connectors off but it didn't help. It's bang up against the panel.

Thinking about it ... loosening the 3 bolts holding the tranny to its mount might lower the whole end of the motor enough to slide the intake off.

Can you tell me please Jaged, if I can replace the output seal easily. In some of the threads I've read, the bearings stick in the casing and cause problems.. thanks ...G.

Back