• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Very important LUK 07-137 clutch info.

Interesting. I figured since it is an mtx 5spd attached to duratech 3.0l it would likely work... need to investigate more. Especially since I'm getting ready to do the clutch in our SF car.

Even if for some reason the clutch did fit, I still wouldn't use a LUK brand after the conversation and excuses that they spoke to me about. They really don't care that the clutch falls apart for the contour so why would they care for the mazda?

:laugh:

This is why I haven't messed with the Spec 3+ I have in my car. It has been good for me (knock on wood) even though lots of other people reported issues.

I think a Clutchnet setup with a solid disk is the way to go if you want it to hold power, but I'm not sure the drivability would be that great. Although TRicker did run an unsprung disk for a while and IIRC he liked it.

I have a Spec Stage 3+ as well and no issues to report. It has some good mileage on it too...I guess around 20k. I don't really beat on my car and I'm careful not to slip the clutch too much though

Back