• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

University Ave.

Yeah...this weekend was pretty crazy to be at University. I didn't even try and get down towards Porky's last night cuz I knew it would be a mess. So instead we stayed at Unidale Mall. "Ricer" Mall...haha... I appreciate all the cool old cars and all, but screw the police blocking off all the roads and such. It really is a shame that all the stupid ricer kids ruin the fun for everyone else.

Yeah I must agree... The old cars (like pre 60s) aren't my favorite and they were out in full force as usual because of back to the 50s. I went and I believe the car count was over 13,000 entered. I must say I didn't see a single contour down there last night lol and I even washed the beater :)

I really need to get my new tires plus an alignment... haven't gotten one since I did my clutch and I actually have to take turns at the recommended speed otherwise my tires squeel. I would say I'd be up this saturday but its night drags at cedar falls and a few buddys want to go and I might run my car again, see if I can do a better 60'

I really need to get my new tires plus an alignment... haven't gotten one since I did my clutch and I actually have to take turns at the recommended speed otherwise my tires squeel. I would say I'd be up this saturday but its night drags at cedar falls and a few buddys want to go and I might run my car again, see if I can do a better 60'

Sweeet, cedar falls is the one in Iowa right? What's your previous 60'?

yeah, 2.366 is my best so far, but that was spinning all through first. I'm blaming my all season tires that cost 300 for the set.

Haha thats not so bad anyhow. I think my best out was about 2.5 or something but that was over a year ago, on bald all seasons and not launching hard. :) I don't really like drag racing that much... it's fun once in a while though

I vote turbo terminator :drool: Even though I remember your car is nice as well. :)

Thought you might like these pictures I took yesterday

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Sexy! What rims do you have on your contour? The mirko looks nice on t-red... I didn't like it when I had it on my car.

Is that the roof of the mall parking ramp? That's about what it looks like :laugh: even though thats quite a drive for you ;)

Edit: Did you get the eyelids from Parkedcar? I'm seriously thinking of getting them in silver. And I think it's time to paint your grill trim t-red hehe

Sexy! What rims do you have on your contour? The mirko looks nice on t-red... I didn't like it when I had it on my car.

Is that the roof of the mall parking ramp? That's about what it looks like :laugh: even though thats quite a drive for you ;)

Edit: Did you get the eyelids from Parkedcar? I'm seriously thinking of getting them in silver. And I think it's time to paint your grill trim t-red hehe

The rims are E1s :blackeye: and I LOVE my mirko. That would be the parking ramp to one of the many Mayo Clinic buildings. Its a really good place to take pictures, great backrounds. And my eyelids are by me via Duplicolor spray cans (t red of course). And finally I've been wanting to paint my grille for a while now but can't get myself to do it. Afraid of it chipping and looking like ****.

The rims are E1s :blackeye: and I LOVE my mirko. That would be the parking ramp to one of the many Mayo Clinic buildings. Its a really good place to take pictures, great backrounds. And my eyelids are by me via Duplicolor spray cans (t red of course). And finally I've been wanting to paint my grille for a while now but can't get myself to do it. Afraid of it chipping and looking like ****.

Oh ok I thought they looked kinda like E1 rims, but I saw the lip was a different color so I didn't think they were :laugh:

So you sprayed the inside or outside of the lenses for your eyelids?? Do you have any up close shots? I'm really thinking about doing that with mine. I want to ditch the chrome inside and possibly go with silver or leave them black... I just can't decide! I have an old spare one that I think I'm going to try out and put on the car to decide what looks better ;)

This is my most recent pic, 300mm SVT Focus Rotors with Warmonger's kit :drool:

300mmFrontRotor.JPG

Last edited:
Nice - I'm going to be doing a brake job, where did you get the overlay for the SVT on the caliper?

The last set I got was from Parkedcar on here. I paint the silver, then let it dry for a few days. Put the sticker on and paint the black, let it dry for a few days. Pull the sticker off and voila!

Back