• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UMass Car Show *MAY 2ND*

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
The 3rd Annual UMass Motorsport Spring Car Show and BBQ
Sponsored in conjuction with SWAG's SouthWest Week

www.umassmotorsport.co.nr

Saturday May 2nd 2009 Rain or Shine

Event Summary:
This show is the grand finale of our year. We're shooting for 500 cars this year. Featured events include:

Tire Test Contest
4x4 RTI Ramp
Exhaust/Audio Sound Off
Lowrider Competition
Biggest Lift Competition
Pizza Eating Contest
Tire Throwing Contest
Engine Blow-up Raffle
Vendors and Tuners
DJ's and Food
On Site Dyno: Services Provided by BrandXPerformance Mobile Dyno
33+ Trophy Categories

Exhibits Include: TBA

Price:
Free to attend, $10 to enter a vehicle in judging. Events and contests are free to participate in.

University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus, SouthWest Lot 33. If you are familiar with the campus it is at the bottom of the horseshoe in the Southwest residential area.

Hours:
Show area opens at 10:00 AM.
Burnout Contest begins at 12:00 PM.
RTI 4x4 Ramp Contest begins at 1:00 PM.
Judging Starts at 1:00 PM.
Pizza Eating Contest begins at 3:00 PM.

Mobile Dyno Info:
Add info here!

Directions:
University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus, SouthWest Lot 33. If you are familiar with the campus it is at the bottom of the horseshoe in the Southwest residential area.

If you are unfamiliar it is the lot closest to where Mass Ave. and University Drive meet. (downhill from the towers).

There will be signs directing traffic from the major roadways onto campus.

From the North: Route 91 South to Exit 25 - At the end of the ramp turn left and follow the road to the intersection - turn right onto Routes 5 & 10 South - go 1 mile, then left onto 116 South, then eight miles to UMass exit - Left at the end of the ramp onto Massachusetts Avenue. Take a right at the first set of lights (usually blinking yellow) and proceed approximately one-quarter mile. Signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the South: Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the East: Mass Pike (Route 90) West to Exit 4 (West Springfield) onto Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the West: Mass Pike (Route 90) East to Exit 4 (West Springfield) onto Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

Parking In Groups:
If you have a group of 5 or more participating vehicles, you may preregister by emailing umassmoto@gmail.com. State your club name, the number of participants, and one member's contact information. (phone number preferred.)

Sponsors/Vendors:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor at the show please contact umassmoto@gmail.com. Space is virtually unlimited.

Notes:
We urge you to please drive cautiously around the UMass campus
due to local and campus police strict enforcement of pedestrian rights and traffic laws.
Campus police have full authority of the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
If 5 of you/NECO want to come, get together and send an e-mail so everyone can park together! I'll "show" my car again if it means getting to 5 vehicles as well. :shrug:

EDIT: CRAP, FML. IT'S ON MAY 2ND, NOT 3RD.

I'm interested as well, 1995 Contour SE woo.

I'd like to bring a mobile powdercoating setup if they would allow :laugh:

if anyone coming up from CT wants to meet at my house and drive up together that can be arranged.

All i want is a god damn head start....just kidding i should be down, i'm rushin for the CCSU show as is so we will have to see if this turns into my first show of the year...

Guys, let me know if we have a reasonable size group going. We can all park together if so, which would be sweet. I'm hoping I can clean up my car a bit and get the wheels and sideskirt(s) on by then...

I'm actually going to go. I'm not really going for the show, just want to hang out and see some of my old buds and maybe some new faces. This also depends on the weather.

Just a reminder that this show is THIS WEEKEND! It would be awesome if we could have a group of 5 to park together! Unfortunately, my car cannot make an appearance due to being in absolutely horrid shape. Horrrrrriiiidddd.

does it just need to be cleaned up? if so come over thursday night and we can work on it.

If the weather is good I'll be there. Aiming to take the turbo but the turbo is sitting on the floor right now. should be back together by the weekend though.

if anyone from CT wants to meet at my place and head up together let me know.

My car is still in winter mode. It needs a ridiculous cleaning. Not to mention it has a new gigantic keymark on the passenger side. I hate college.

And thanks for the offer, Brian, but I'm really really busy with stuff this week. Lots of projects and presentations to finish. I'm definitely COMING to the car show, but there is absolutely no way I'm entering.

I'll enter even though none of my summer mods are on/in yet. My paint is in horrible shape and paint is flaking of my front bumper in huge chunks. Oh well... it is what it is.

do we need to meet before hand to drive in together to part together or if we have 5 people we will be assigned a spot?

do we need to meet before hand to drive in together to part together or if we have 5 people we will be assigned a spot?

I'd say either way. But I think we should meet up before hand. I am driving up either the night before or early that morning and headin over to my buddy's house. He lives RIGHT across the street from Amherst High School so we could just meet in that lot. It is right down the street from UMass.

Back