• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

does someone recognize this SVT?

8000RPM

CEG'er
it was a 99 CSVT, but the engine bay seemed a bit odd. i noted some differences from mine and my friend's csvt-s...could that be a 3L?

Attachments

• DSC00149.JPG
    DSC00149.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
from the look of the valve covers looks like someone replaced the svt motor with a regular 2.5:shrug:

that's what i thaught. the fuse box in the engine bay was very different from mine. but the exhaust tips didn't look stock...but they are not welded on there...but are one piece with the mufflers

My guess is that's its a regular 'tour with SVT bodywork and exhaust. Did you get a good look at the guages? Maybe check the VIN#?

1 - Check the VIN
2 - IIRC the sticker on the timing cover should tell you if its SVT or not. Other signs, you could look for the oil cooler, brakes, etc.

brakes, suspension, body...was all svt. i don't remember the gauge...not to mention the vin. i looked at his exhaust pipes and they were the original svt pipes. however the tips looked like they were polished...they were too shiny to be the stock tips. i thought that it could have been a 3l swap, but since i have never seen one in person, i guess it's not. looks like the regular 2.5l.

the car is like 50-60 miles away from my house, so i am not planning to go to that junk yard again. but the rear seats were in good condition. so was the trunk lid, reflectors, tail lights...

Back