• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UD pulleys interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he does own a SVT that will own 99% of us at gingerman.

Naw man, I don't own :censored::censored::censored::censored:, and I don't know :censored::censored::censored::censored: :shrug: If Harrry says so, it must be true!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF CONTOURRRS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!

You really are one fine tool!
Stupidest BS I have ever read in my life... Heavier pulleys for bettere mpg!! WTF! Heavier pullies for hanging between shifts? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!
Crank dampers are there for one single reason to reduce harmonic vibrations at given rpm's, dual mode damper (the heavier one which you think is for better MPG bahahaha) is made so that it will get rid of harmonic vibrations at 2 different rpm intervals... :idea:
How the hell do you people come up with this BS? Do you dream of it? Or is it just natural?
BTW since you know about momentum you should know that diameter is one of the key elements. Lets see how big is that crank pulley???

Sorry you asked for it!

Because the pulley wasn't reducing vibration at 6,800+ IIRC...so they didn't even want a future problem...so they thought they might as well cover their butts.
Also...it increases e-way mpgs..as compared to the UDP..being great for city driving mpgs.

Ford redesigns multiple things for specific reasons....cheaper parts..reliable parts...updated/NEW parts etc etc.

They have a heavier crank pulley for several reasons...yes the revolutions hang much longer and wear the internal transmission parts far less. Along with the transmission shifting. It's a much smoother ride quality over all between shifts. Also a heavier pulley on the e-way...gets better mpgs.compared to city driving.(momentum force) Like the UDP you leave and rev quicker in which you return to start quicker. So overall the momentum isn't needed...like in the case of e-way driving...with a heavier crank pulley.

Wow...talk about going completely off topic and just bashing the other person. typical thread..that went off tangent mani. You can't literally be as old as you are. Honestly...every thread all you do go off bashing every person... like..joey from nautalis..the 3L thread....track run by your brother and now this.

Did you really take it upon himself to even label me as an idiot in his signature. Screams attention :laugh:

96blackSE i'll just take this to a pm.

Wow...talk about going completely off topic and just bashing the other person. typical thread..that went off tangent mani. You can't literally be as old as you are. Honestly...every thread all you do go off bashing every person... like..joey from nautalis..the 3L thread....track run by your brother and now this.

Did you really take it upon himself to even label me as an idiot in his signature. Screams attention :laugh:

96blackSE i'll just take this to a pm.

I don't bash people, I try to encourge people to go and read, learn stuff before they come and make :censored::censored::censored::censored: up.

You really are one fine tool!
Okay :shrug:

Stupidest BS I have ever read in my life... Heavier pulleys for bettere mpg!! WTF! Heavier pullies for hanging between shifts?
Yes...the heavier the pulley the more kinetic energy...which obviously takes a longer time to be released regardless of the drag by other elements.
Which is the same reason we have heavy flywheels...

Are you really saying a lighten pulley doesn't drop revs quicker?:shrug: Of course it does...it's weight is far less, therefore it holds less energy as compared to a stock pulley. Lets say e-way driving...heavier pulleys need less work after the work is already produced ..accelerating to reach the MPH desired...keeping those MPH is not that hard (leaving wind drag-- friction etc etc off the table). Seeing the components already holding the energy it takes far less to keep them working...therefore you achieve a high mph...as say lighten pulleys which need a consistent amount of energy so they can keep those desired rpms.

(the heavier one which you think is for better MPG bahahaha) is made so that it will get rid of harmonic vibrations at 2 different rpm intervals... :idea:
I thought that was a given? which is why i was adding additional effects it has on other components other then the crank shaft itself.:shrug:

So i guess let me explain the dmd...cause it seems you believe i don't know what it does...:shrug:
The factory crank pulley has a built-in harmonic dampener, in the form of a split design, with a thick rubber pad sandwiched between two steel sheels. The dampener it self is designed to absorb torsional and....... vertical vibrations from the crank. I hope we agree so far... MOST under drive crank pulleys do not have a harmonic dampener at all. Which increases vibrations and sometimes to the point laying all of its original work onto the bearings of the crankshaft.

Let me say....The benefit of after market pulleys is to reduce rotating mass. But since the rotating mass is larger with the dmd or stock pulley it has a larger amount of kinetic energy...keeping the revolutions from crashing soo quickly. :cool:

BTW since you know about momentum you should know that diameter is one of the key elements. Lets see how big is that crank pulley???
WHy not have a larger crank? because then it would increase the wear on other components....on the car..alternator..PS pulley etc etc. But you know this already.

If I might pipe in here I will say that I have used UD crank pullies on all my contour motors (2-2.5's and 1-3.0) for well over 10 years now. I tore down both 2.5's and neither had crank journal or main bearing damage. On 1 of the 2.5's the UDP had been on the motor for over 100,000 miles. I got better mileage, the engine revs up & down quicker and the steering feels better (IMO).

I spoke to my buddy and we need at least 10 of each to make this fly. Can I do a count now?

I would be interested depending on the price. i for sure want a PS pulley and most likely a alternator as well.. and just so i am clear, the larger the alternator and PS pulleys the less power is drained from the engine to turn them? So theres slightly less electricity output from the alternator and the PS pump becomes less efficient? I just want to make sure, cause these are going on a turbo 3L and i want to minimize power loss as much as possible.. And if i got something mixed up, please tell me.

Coler
1--ps
1--udp

Need Price On Both For 2.5

ALSO CAN YOUR FRIEND CNC A THROTTLE BODY SPACER..JUST A THOUGHT..LET ME KNOW..THANKS

Coler
1--ps
1--udp

Need Price On Both For 2.5

ALSO CAN YOUR FRIEND CNC A THROTTLE BODY SPACER..JUST A THOUGHT..LET ME KNOW..THANKS

Hey buddy. I've made at least a half dozen t-body spacers in different thicknesses and styles. As I can only use 1 on my motor, I'd be willing to sell you another.

If you provide your email, I can send the details and digipix.

Brad

I would be interested depending on the price. i for sure want a PS pulley and most likely a alternator as well.. and just so i am clear, the larger the alternator and PS pulleys the less power is drained from the engine to turn them? So theres slightly less electricity output from the alternator and the PS pump becomes less efficient? I just want to make sure, cause these are going on a turbo 3L and i want to minimize power loss as much as possible.. And if i got something mixed up, please tell me.

That's correct. Less output from the alternator and AC compressor, heavier steering.

Still waiting to hear the price but I'd be ptentially interested in all 3.
Definitely want the PS pulley.
Going to be adding a small sub/amp to my car so I'm on the fence on the alt. but I'd like to protect it at high rpm.
Also, I have an ASP crank UDP now but still might want yours for a full set for when I do a 3L.
Brad---any design elements that can be improved on in making the crank pulley? Just checking, no thoughts off the top of my head.
-J

Still waiting to hear the price but I'd be ptentially interested in all 3.
Definitely want the PS pulley.
Going to be adding a small sub/amp to my car so I'm on the fence on the alt. but I'd like to protect it at high rpm.
Also, I have an ASP crank UDP now but still might want yours for a full set for when I do a 3L.
Brad---any design elements that can be improved on in making the crank pulley? Just checking, no thoughts off the top of my head.
-J

If you've seen the UR pulley it's much lighter than the ASP due to the extra material which has been removed. It has 3 webs vs. the solid design of the ASP.

As an estimate for pricing, the PS and crank w/b ~ $100 ea. due to the diameter of the aluminum billet req'd. Alt pulley s/b around half that.

Pm Sent

hey Buddy. I've Made At Least A Half Dozen T-body Spacers In Different Thicknesses And Styles. As I Can Only Use 1 On My Motor, I'd Be Willing To Sell You Another.

If You Provide Your Email, I Can Send The Details And Digipix.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back