• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

turbo'd contour launch techniques

A 3L at 14#, you're looking to spin through allllllll of first and second no matter when in the rpm band you nail it. 3rd will spin as well if you give it ANY help (water, cold temps, or spinning already from 2nd)

Having the car spin on you in 3rd going down the freeway is a scary feeling. There is LITERALLY more power on tap than you can do anything with.

At 255-275 you should be roasting most things that come along!!!

I agree 100% and with 19's I chirp 4th sometimes, there is no 1st gear at 14psi, and at 8 1st gear I cant use much.

I just installed the manual boost controller, and I seem to have it right around 10#. it is pouring outside, so getting into boost means the front end slides around! I can't wait to see what 10# feels like tomorrow on dry pavement. If I can get it set so it doesn't spike into the danger zone for the 2.5, I may have to go to test/tune night on Thursday.

Rod

i have my launch limiter run at 2800 rpm and i count to 1 (thats as far as i can get) once the clutch is let out. then its a full foot of gas. it will spin a little bit on the top of first and chirp second, but i can get it out of the hole okay.

Back