• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trubendz y-pipe

SJon85

Veteran CEG'er
I already have an msds y-pipe for my 3L build. I am thinking about switching to the trubendz y-pipe with the cat removal section purely because I won't have to find someone to make me a cat delete section, and I wont have to use the stock flex tube. I just wanted to get some input from people that have had either one and what you think I should go with.

I already have an msds y-pipe for my 3L build. I am thinking about switching to the trubendz y-pipe with the cat removal section purely because I won't have to find someone to make me a cat delete section, and I wont have to use the stock flex tube. I just wanted to get some input from people that have had either one and what you think I should go with.

With the 3L i would go with a trubendz. Has larger pipe diameter up front and the cat is removable as an option.:cool:

That's what I had on my 3.0L Cougar, aluminized, cat-less. Fit great ,sounded great, and didn't corrode as fast as I thought it would and that was in MI.

-Nick

Either way I want to delete the main cat, and finding someone to make a cat delete section is impossible, the trubendz makes more sense and will probably make more power.

Anyone want to buy my brand new 3 bolt coated msds y-pipe

One thing I noticed about my Trubendz y-pipe is that the welds are horrid, actually now that I think about it my MSDS headers had ugly welds as well, they should really consider getting someone who knows how to weld to weld them up for them.

i bought the same trubendz y-pipe 2 years ago and i've been happy with it. I didn't see where the welds on mine were that bad, but maybe the usual guy was sick or something.

Back