• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

01 Cougar V6

2.5 Always!

CEG'er
I have a AEM SRI on my wifes Cougar and I am buying a replacement element from K&N directly... will that fit on the end of the SRI w/out hitting the Fuse Box or will I have to relocate it to a different location? I wonder if anyone ever done that before to be honest... Put a K&N on a AEM SRI... well just let me knows guy's before I order the part. Thanks a bunch... :confused:

This is the thing I called K&N and told them what I have and said is their a direct replacement... So they gave me a part number... I than went on their website looked up 01 cougar etc... found the same part number for the replacement element... but no measurements... my next question would be does anyone have pics for a set up of a K&N SRI and a AEM SRI... however I will use the search button on that... but if anyone has those pics please post them for re-assurance. Thanks guy's though 100%

i received the filter... installed it, first time closing the hood it actually pushed the hood up a tad bit... i stepped back and said... ya kno that doesn't look right lol, so than i opened the hood, loosened the intake clamps and kind of made it all super tight so i could slip the filter down more... it worked, no CELS or anything showing so i suppose the IAT sensor and other's are ok... i did however put the AEM up against the K&N and yes their is about a 1-1½ inch different and the K&N is wider by a tad. however the car run's better, mpg's improved a hair and it has that good ol' breathing sound when ya get on it... i 4got how much power the mtx cougar had. i don't knock on cougars either. some guy's have them around here and i've seen one take down a type s rsx... those k20a motors are vicious also... my last request i suppose is can a mod. shut down this thread it is no longer needed, and thank you everyone for your support

Back