• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tour's getting a make over

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I handed my brother the keys and the car last night to bring it in to his school Dakota County Tech College (DCTC). Hes going to fix as many of the issues with my car's paint and body as possible in the time that he has. As of right now I know for sure the hood, front bumper, and drivers fender are being repaired and refinished. Here's the first pic of many to come over the next few weeks. I'm hoping everything will be finished before SZ giving me enough time to install my Baer Track-Plus kit.

Look at the rock chips...

hoodrefinish.jpg

I would love to redo my front end.. but the hassle of repainting my mirko yearly is enough to discourage me :cry:

Gonna look amazing bro :cool:

It is crazy what a body shop wants to paint a hood.

I was quoted $300 :eek: yesterday to get my stock hood re-painted. Those guys are :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing crazy :crazy:!

It is crazy what a body shop wants to paint a hood.

I was quoted $300 :eek: yesterday to get my stock hood re-painted. Those guys are :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing crazy :crazy:!

$300 isn't that crazy. They have to smooth out rock chips, scuff/sand down, prime bare metal, sand, prime again, paint, clear, wet sand, polish AND pay for the all the materials and pay an employee to do it. PM me I can get you a better price since I like you... kinda

I think it should be $150..... I guess I am just spoiled here at work. I will either have Philly check it out for me or order the paint and have them spray it at work Fo FrEeEe!

yah! :laugh: that made me chuckle, I didn't know if anyone would catch that :laugh:

After I replaced my fender with one that doesn't quite match, I decided that I'm going to get my whole front repainted too (rock chips) - hood, fenders, and bumper. I was quoted $600 for the hood only last summer. I'm guessing all 4 are going to be $1200-$1500.
I need to get a second car though and garage queen mine when I do it! I won't ever want to drive it! :crazy:
Erick --

Well I've got a few more pics to upload, but I should be getting the car back this coming Wed.

Pics as promised...

fender work
fenderwork.jpg

Polished headlights
polishedlights.jpg

primered and sealed
primersealed.jpg

rock guard sprayed on the fender
rockgaurd.jpg

:sigh: i thought you were getting rid of teh rock guard?

I like the rock guard while it is not exactly aesthetically pleasing it does serve a purpose. None of my panels have rusted from all the loose gravel and salt that it has seen through out the years. In my opinion if it means no rust for the next 10+ years then I can live with the mildly bumpy finish it leave around the bottom edges. :shrug:

Back