• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tonite is the night dyno....time...........

I was pissed this morning some idiot on streetfire laughed at the video saying it claimed 500hp well since the video did not show the chart which I added I told them what it did. Funny is one guy guessed 250 275 wow was he really off. People think they can just look at a dyno video and guess numbers pathetic people. Seems there is always a guy who has to knock someone for something he claimed or said.

INSANE Dude!About street fire I read those comments also ,there always some punk kid on there talking trash.Don't let it get to your head.You know what you have any thats all that mattes.Props to you...sick car!

I was pissed this morning some idiot on streetfire laughed at the video saying it claimed 500hp well since the video did not show the chart which I added I told them what it did. Funny is one guy guessed 250 275 wow was he really off. People think they can just look at a dyno video and guess numbers pathetic people. Seems there is always a guy who has to knock someone for something he claimed or said.

INSANE Dude!About street fire I read those comments also ,there always some punk kid on there talking trash.Don't let it get to your head.You know what you have and thats all that matters.Props to you...sick car!

Holy CRAP dude ... do you realize that your car makes 200+ HP within 1,000 RPM (between 4K & 5K RPM) ... that's INSANE!

Game On BTW ... I started building up my longblock tonight. I will post pictures later today on my message boards (down right now for backup) after I get some sleep.

Get a real turbo on that thing... People are getting insane midrange TQ which is basically unusable on the contour... soften things up with a bigger turbo and get a decent boost controller.

Why will no one run a TurboXS DTEC BC-Pro... the thing is sweet.

Individual boost maps for each gear... it should be a turbo contour owners wet dream... spend 10k building an insane engine and turbo setup... spend 500 bucks on a good boost controller.

Not to mention even if you have a soft spring if you set up your wastegate to apply manifold pressure to the top (I think) which you can with a 3 port interupt style solenoid boost controller the thing will have a hard time leaking. Not to mention interupt style boost controllers have a much sharper response.

OK.. i'm done ranting for now.

I would definitely say get an electronic boost controller. The one my friend had on his built turbo civic worked awesome! It was the Apexi AVC-R. With a regular boost controller hooked up you could hear the external wastegate opening a little bit anytime he was in more than a couple lbs. of boost. With the AVC-R it wold stay completely shut until it hit 15psi when it would open all at once.

If i were to ever have a turbo setup i don't think i could let myself not get a progressive boost controller. What am i talking about...i need to get a progressive nitrous controller lol.

Nice work Burrita! Gotta love the tires spinning in third...but then again it will get old rather old when cars start pulling away from you at a stoplight.

Wow

Wow

All I can say is congrats on an awesome car.I read the respones on streetfire,that one guy was being a friggin tard.

what was your best # then? i am too lazy to read em all... 410 is what i saw on the sheet you posted...... impressive, but much less than the 500+ you put on streetfire. also, your powerband is unusable. the WRX guy that posted a few back is right. bigger turbo, more power up top, and usable power in the mid....... cool tho man

PSST... 410 at the wheels is well at 500+ hp crank.

He was completely correct!

Back