• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tonite is the night dyno....time...........

Ok guys I almost sure the boost comes down I have it on video but I think the turbo is to small it run out after 6200rpms. The turbo can't hold up the boost levels but we called it 17 psi but it didn't hold it you will see th etorque spike where it held it for a second.
svtcontour17-18psismaller.bmp

Ok now I will tell you it was pricelss this guy does nothing but mustangs and he was like ok come over. He told he was thinking it was a joke on the phone somebody built a forged motor for a contour. Let just sat that when he saw the car he was amazed at the work done to it. Then we strapped it down and the guy hit the gas at 3K rpms and he was crap this thing is not joke he let off and said the I can't hold the front end straight. Then he looked over at the chart at 15 psi and saw 5K 369whp and 389wtq he was jaw dropped. He told he try again but next time the wheels broke loose burning rubber on the dyno. So then I had to crank down more on the front end. Now I did 400 whp std and 410wtq but corrected brought it hair shy of 400 but the torque did it though

After all said and done he said do you realize I had a gt500 last week who put down 430whp and the was a bad azz caar. Feels good to be only 30whp away from a supercar and weight less too.

haha, can't even imagine what that guys face had to look like, when he saw those numbers. They're amazing, and were def worth staying up to see. hard to believe even more potentional is still there. great to see people out gaining respect for our platform and continuing to push the envelope. that is one sick, sick car, man. congrats on the numbers.

Wow, great job Burrita! Those are some awesome numbers! Heck, you haven't even done any fine tuning since you got the tunes from Warmonger! I'm sure he gave you a solid tune, but there is inevitably some more power to be had! What are the plans at this point? Are you going to just stick with this setup and see what you can do with it? Plans for an immediate turbo upgrade? I know you're looking into traction, so I really want to see you work the suspension/drivetrain to give yourself the ability to hook up a bit! Then, go back at it with a bigger turbo and more tuning! Again, awesome job!

thanks guys and I just reviewed the video the manifold pressure only went to 15 psi and drop to 13 psi at 6K and that run was one of the higher ones. So I did that on 15 psi not too bad nice to see if it could have held it to redline easily would have made more power. I will post the video soon.

Tuning and dyno

Tuning and dyno

Wow, great job Burrita! Those are some awesome numbers! Heck, you haven't even done any fine tuning since you got the tunes from Warmonger! I'm sure he gave you a solid tune, but there is inevitably some more power to be had! What are the plans at this point? Are you going to just stick with this setup and see what you can do with it? Plans for an immediate turbo upgrade? I know you're looking into traction, so I really want to see you work the suspension/drivetrain to give yourself the ability to hook up a bit! Then, go back at it with a bigger turbo and more tuning! Again, awesome job!

Ahem.... wheres a troutslap when you need one. :D
You think I'd only send him one tune????
I fine tuned his car quite a bit over the past week for today. I even sent him a tune update late last night. lol

He's got a little more room on pump gas, I'm thinking maybe 20 psi. The problem is the trim on the turbo is looking a bit small now. AND his boost controller is probably an issue as it is the needle valve type....imagine the hole it has to pull that much boost.
After seeing the graph it is very obvious that the turbo is unable to flow enough air at those high boost levels. If you look and compare shapes with dynos of OEM turbo cars it is very similar to the SRT-4, WRX and others that all have one thing in common, big torque in the midrange but not enough for high revs. Only this one is Gigantic. lol
Once the turbo begins to approach these limits then it will start pushing hot air or not pushing air at all and begin to stall out. That is where you see the graph just fall off sharply like that. He needs a turbo like the one that Ray has on his car.
Still, if you wanted to maximize mid range torque then that turbo is perfect! Combine it with escape cams and it would be even bigger in that same range maybe a bit lower.

I was pissed this morning some idiot on streetfire laughed at the video saying it claimed 500hp well since the video did not show the chart which I added I told them what it did. Funny is one guy guessed 250 275 wow was he really off. People think they can just look at a dyno video and guess numbers pathetic people. Seems there is always a guy who has to knock someone for something he claimed or said.

Well it's not a supra or a civic so they instantly think it's slow, while they might put 110hp to the wheels with whatever their mom bought them.

Great numbers and good to know they'll only get better as you change things.

yeah beyondloadedse you will do a little more since my turbo ran out of steam and dropped 2 lb on high roms then went to crap after 6200. I just called ADC for a larger turbo with smae housing but it will set me back another 800 bucks unless someone here will give me money for my old one with only 600 miles on it. I will look on ebay for some until then I will make due for what I have.

I have two routes I can get a stage 5 wheel with 61 mm good for 500whp
or a stage 5 wheel with 67mm good for 550whp

yeah beyondloadedse you will do a little more since my turbo ran out of steam and dropped 2 lb on high roms then went to crap after 6200. I just called ADC for a larger turbo with smae housing but it will set me back another 800 bucks unless someone here will give me money for my old one with only 600 miles on it. I will look on ebay for some until then I will make due for what I have.

I have two routes I can get a stage 5 wheel with 61 mm good for 500whp
or a stage 5 wheel with 67mm good for 550whp

I would go with the 67mm. Spool up won't be that bad...especially considering you can't keep the tires on the pavement now. If it spooled a little slower it might actually be beneficial.

Those are awesome numbers. Congrats on all the work and to everyone that pitched in. That is a for sure smile on your face while you drive. I got my 3L dyno tuned today but I think I will hold off on the post because I feel slow now.

Back