• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tires Tires.. Which to pick

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I know.. SEARCH.. I did.. and actually found a thread with several of the tires I have on my short list, but that thread is over a year old.
Looking for some updated reviews.

I live in South FL, so snow / ice is never a concern.. but being able to do 70+ in the rain is.... that is why some of my choices are "all season tires"
I also need to be able to get 25-30K out of them.. and I am hard on tires (I just love corners.. what can I say?).

This is my short list...

BFGoodrich g-Force Super-Sport A/S
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval
Bridgestone Pontenza RE750 (currently leaning towards this one)
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season

So.. with that being said.. is there anybody that has been running any of these for a while.. what is your input?

By the way, I have FSVT 17" 6-spokes and running 215/45/17 size, and thus far a stock suspension... although a BAT kit and 21mm rear sway bar may be added sooner than I once thought.

Last edited:
Eagle F1's are ok but they are pricey
Brent you would love the Nitto Neo-Gen..There are awesome in the rain No complaints here..And you know how i drive..LOL..
There are a good tire for the money i payed 344shipped for a 215/45/17

Even though Falken Azenis RT-615's are marked as "summer" tires, I think they do pretty well in the rain. They have huge channels.. especially compared to its predecessor (RT-215). I know it doesn't rain much here compared to other areas... but often when it does, we get flash flood (heavy monsoon) rain. I've had no problems going 80+... or even autocrossing in the rain. Only exception is when there's 2" of rain on the freeway... then I go 30mph, which is still passing everyone else, who most likely have all-season tires.

I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 on my Mazda6 and absolutely LOVE them. Great on the dry, in the wet, they're even somewhat tolerable in colder weather. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a high-performance tire on a daily driver. I have over 30K on mine and they're low, but usable.

I would also check the scorings and reviews at Tire Rack.

I liked the Sumitomo HTR I used for awhile before upgrading to 18's.

The new tires are Cooper Zeon ZPT's. Great all season tire IMO and will go with them again. And I just put new Coopers on my truck too as I've become a fan of them.

http://www.sumitomotire.com/theline/product.asp?c=per&id=2

zeonzpt.jpg

Last edited:
Back