• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is too much.

I've never seen one of those in action - don't they scuff paint ??

Nope, not so far anyway. Used it to clean the black SVT off and there were no marks from it and none that I saw on the Exploder either.

Aaron...very soft bristles? :shocked: I'm surprised.

I don't take mine apart, just slide the handle down. It's is a bit bulky to store but worth it!

Spent all weekend playin' w/ the Damn VW, torpedo heater just can't keep up w/ the cold. My fingers are so cold, I wouldn't have to sit on them to do "the stranger" :laugh:

It's a heat wave! It's 24 whole degrees today. Look out, Friday it's going to be 41!

You'll like the Sno Brum! If I didn't have the roof rack on the Exploder it would be even better. I can still manage to get most of the snow off the top though.
I can't stand SUV people/ people that drive cars that don't clear the top of their vehicles so I take extra time to make sure the majority is clear.

How's the progress on the VW coming? What more do you have to do?

You'll like the Sno Brum! If I didn't have the roof rack on the Exploder it would be even better. I can still manage to get most of the snow off the top though.
I can't stand SUV people/ people that drive cars that don't clear the top of their vehicles so I take extra time to make sure the majority is clear.

why can't more people be like this??

I had to buy a roof rake yesterday. my gutters on the house are solid ice :shocked: not good at all. so some more warmth outside will be good now that the snow is cleared off.

That's right. :)
I hate driving behind some lazy ass that can't clean off their car. Dangerous!

I hate when the gutters ice up.

It's illegal here to not clear the roof of your car off.
We have a pretty decent extendable snow scraper for the truck. I can reach most of the roof with it.
It's got the rubber squeegie on one side, broom on the other and an ice scraper at the other end.
I only use the brush part on the leather tonneau cover, and I barely touch the surface of the paint when I'm clearing snow with the rubber side.
If I can reach a spot with my hands, I clear with my gloves instead.

Strange thing, it is illegal not to clear your car or truck, tractor trailers included BUT you can only be cited if the ice coming off caused SERIOUS injury or DEATH. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Many times it causes accidents, multi-vehicle accidents that don't, thankfully, result in serious injury or death. Lots of damage that the insurance companies have to pay for and the offending driver just drives away.

I do know that many of the cops in this area will pull people over and have them clear their cars so as not to cause traffic issues. Good for them. Some of these knuckleheads have most of their windshields covered in snow and can't even see out of them. Lazy!

We've had quite a few deaths from ice coming off of tractor trailers in the past two years. Quite sad.

I like the cold... but the car hasn't been washed since probably November... I'm about to give in to my hate of car washes and do a touchless...

^ Me too. It is fun.

I like the cold... but the car hasn't been washed since probably November... I'm about to give in to my hate of car washes and do a touchless...

Hell, I gave up. The Exploder went through the touch less wash the other day.
There are no tracks to scrape the wheels so I felt a bit better about it. I just couldn't stand the filth another minute! White has turned to brown and the taillights were getting harder to see, it was nasty.
Ran it through and dried the door jambs so they wouldn't freeze. OK, you all must know that I dry the door jambs every time I wash my cars so this was really no different. ;) Much better, it's white again.

Back