• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vehicle Apraisers?

I am in auto insurance and have some appraising experience. Without seeing the veh the most accurate way I've found is this:
Go to Kelly Blue book.com look up the private party value and be honest about the condition of the vehicle. Then and add 5-10% Then go compare that $# to NADA.com value. If you match it or come just below it your pretty dead on for the ACV (actual cash value) of your vehicle. Anything aftermarket or recent work that you have done to the veh would add to that $#.

I am in auto insurance and have some appraising experience. Without seeing the veh the most accurate way I've found is this:
Go to Kelly Blue book.com look up the private party value and be honest about the condition of the vehicle. Then and add 5-10% Then go compare that $# to NADA.com value. If you match it or come just below it your pretty dead on for the ACV (actual cash value) of your vehicle. Anything aftermarket or recent work that you have done to the veh would add to that $#.

Yeah, that won't work for his truck! :) Defenitly needs a specialty automobile appraiser.

Modifications don't effect the book-value of the car, and most financial institutions strictly utilize the medium range of Nada. Just FYI. A person who is interested in it, however, may feel that the extra work is worth some $$ and is willing to bare the over-book price. Having a higher-than-book value on the automobile is likely to only increase your premium, but the insurance it self is not likely to offer any substantial benefit or coverage. Insurance guys, ring in and correct me if you like, it would be interesting to be proven wrong on this. :)

If you just want a proper market value, list it on eBay and see what it gets bid to. eBay has the benefit of being one of the most accurate tools in in depicting the real value of something. This is so because the market is showing exactly what it will or will not bare.

well in my situation, i need better coverage due to the fact that if my truck were to get totaled, i probably wouldn't even get enough to cover the paint job that was done last spring. so i need my coverage to be up to par with the truck.

well in my situation, i need better coverage due to the fact that if my truck were to get totaled, i probably wouldn't even get enough to cover the paint job that was done last spring. so i need my coverage to be up to par with the truck.

IF such a coverage exists, I'd be interested to learn more about it. But from my basic knowledge of (conventional) insurance, they aren't going to go over 80% of the nada mid-range value. I think 75% is the state minimum, so. hmm.. Good luck with that one.

IF such a coverage exists, I'd be interested to learn more about it. But from my basic knowledge of (conventional) insurance, they aren't going to go over 80% of the nada mid-range value. I think 75% is the state minimum, so. hmm.. Good luck with that one.

There is such a thing as custom car insurance, but most agents will just tell you it isnt worth the money.
I know I have seen a few commercials on Speed channel for collector/custom car insurance, just cant remember the name

shoot me a PM if you want five-Oh, my mom works at the Westfield Group Insurance corporate office.....I might be able to get you in touch with someone over there that can give you some advice, or point you in the right direction.

There is such a thing as custom car insurance, but most agents will just tell you it isnt worth the money.
I know I have seen a few commercials on Speed channel for collector/custom car insurance, just cant remember the name

shoot me a PM if you want five-Oh, my mom works at the Westfield Group Insurance corporate office.....I might be able to get you in touch with someone over there that can give you some advice, or point you in the right direction.

Really? So, that's what I get for not watching TV! The irony of working for a rather large insurance company and not knowing of this. hah.

I suppose that most anything can be insured, eh? Just gotta find the right people to cover it. I know that one can get renter's insurance for under $10 a month; in most cases. That'll cover apartments and even living in the trailer park, and will cover virtually anything stolen or damaged in the residence. I do wonder why it's not popular with renter-types though!

Back