• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thinking about selling.. whats it worth? 98 svt #6470 3.0l swap

Is it highway drivable? Could it make it about an hour? I'm somewhat interested at this point but need to be able to get it home.

honestly. i dont know. i drove it home from where it started running like crap about 35 minutes on the highway back to here. but i dont want to say yes, and have it not make it for whatever reasons? the dude that just offered me the 1500, i found out, was the same guy who offered me the 450. just using a different number, and he was supposed to be here an hour ago. i texcted him and he said he bought something else yesterday. so once again, flaked by the same guy twice.

images

well, i was at work. went in at 4 hadnt had a chance to respond.

just wondering, what exactly are your plans with the car?

the car is back up. at this point. im asking 1500 or best offer for everything. 1300 for everything but the stock e0 wheels. i want a 500$ non refundable deposit as soon as an agreement is made.

Sorry again for wasting your time man, I feel terrible. I wish we would have made a deal earlier on when I had a truck/trailer on the hook. Still going to send you a little cash for wasting your time.

FWIW, I think the car would be a really easy fix and is probably just a MAF or vaccuum issue. Try unplugging the MAF sensor and see if it will run under 3000rpm before you ditch it. If that doesn't work at least check the PCV valve.

Good luck with the sale!

it will idle with the maf unplugged, kinda crappy but it idles.

what cars can i use a maf off of?

it will idle with the maf unplugged, kinda crappy but it idles.

what cars can i use a maf off of?

There is a guy selling one in the classifieds. Has to be off an SVT to work right with the SVT ECU. If you want to sell those wheels we talked about in my PM I'll drive my CSVT out there and we can swap MAFs for a few minutes and see if that alleviates your problem.

I would have sold it to be parted. I just didn't want u to tell me u would give it a loving home over pm. and say u would take the motor and trans and part the rest on the forum. as long as my cash is in my hand. I could care less what happens to it.

think its timing. new coil packs and mad and its still doing it. and backfiring through the intake

after much googling it could be scam sensor. so I'm gonna replace that and go from there.

after much googling it could be scam sensor. so I'm gonna replace that and go from there.

Good luck man! Hope you can get it going and either drive it or get some more $$ for it! Have you had the codes read at all, might give you some more insight. Even if the CEL isn't on there can be a ton of stored codes that will help with diagnosis.

Harness...? Did you check all simple things on it, intake plenum, all hoses, and any wiring harness?

Time to put this in the classifieds if you haven't already.
No more FS/price discussions, please and thank you. ;)

Back