• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thinking about selling.. whats it worth? 98 svt #6470 3.0l swap

Dans98SVT

CEG'er
i have a 1998.5 svt
black with mnb interior
just wondering what the value might be? dont really have the time to part out either

problem is..

doesnt run correctly.
it will start and run.. with persuasion.
it misfires and dies under 3k rpm
above 3k rpm it runs great

not sure whats wrong with it. dont have the time to mess with it anymore
and dont have the cash to take it to a shop

1998.5 ford contour SVT
179k miles
5-speed manual transmission
factory black
Deep blue leather interior

3.0 motor swap from a 2005 taurus 80k
newer trans wth torsen lsd around 60k
centerforce clutch with less than 15k miles on it

pre 98 trunk lid swap spoiler needs replaced. i have original
bat struts with skunk 2 springs
factory 16" e0 wheels included, YES i have the center caps.
2 tires are new, 1 is worn but usable. and 1 has a nail in it.

motegi mr7 wheels kinda beat up with 85% potenza tires

tinted windows.
short shifter
gutted cats fart can mufflers
stock tune

Headlights have been hightowered
front grille has been done in mesh

no radio or speakers
speedo doesnt work
interior could use a good cleaning
pass rocker is rusting and side skirt is off. but it have it.. missing g 2 JP covers also have spare drivers side skirt
frpnt bumper mesh is broken
drivers headlight and front bumper are held on with zipties

20130212_140228_zps0b512848.jpg

more pics here
http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/bangin97blazer/library/1998 Contour SVT?page=1

this car has never had a mirko on it.

and yes, sugar bear is in my town, and yes CEG does have a ceiling tile there!

showed up, tried to blow a bunch of smoke up my ass about how being a 4 door they arent that sought after, even tho they are rare they are still a contour. and he was feeeling generous so he offered me 400. 450 if i let the stock rims, 17s, spare sideskirt, and all the stereo equipment go with it.

after laughing at him for a good 5 minutes i told him id part it out. he said good luck, u might be able to make 500 out of it, but it will take you at least a year. lol. i didnt say anything, i turned around, walked into my house, and never came back out.

HOLY MOTHER OF F* CHRIST, are you serious? I would have walked away the minute you heard the "4 door they aren't sought after".

He is LUCKY, I MEAN LUCKY, he didn't deal with me, i would have called the cops on him, i won't take insults from no one and that offer is for the rims/tires alone. wow...

People like that guy offering that and saying that garbage are what drives me from normal latino to thug latino in a snap.

I've dealt with tire kickers, but that is ridiculous! I'm with naujcdl on this. Don't mess with an angry welshman. I can fire off an angry letter like a soccer mom cutting a check at the grocery store.

so ive got another guy who is offering me 1500. thats the whole car, not running, with the 17s. no stereo stuff, just a radio. i can keep the stock e0 wheels *which are nicer than the 17s anyways*
debating on taking it

so ive got another guy who is offering me 1500. thats the whole car, not running, with the 17s. no stereo stuff, just a radio. i can keep the stock e0 wheels *which are nicer than the 17s anyways*
debating on taking it

I think I would if I were you. Counter with $2000 and see if you can meet somewhere in the middle.

Only because it has a built trans would I offer $1500. Tell him $1800 and that if he wants to negotiate more when he comes and looks at it you are willing to make something work.

lol yes, the trans in this car is ABSOLUTELY BUTTER. smoothest transmission ive ever driven in any car.

and i definately think its worth 1500. i have way more than that invested into it, but it is what it is.
itll be a runner again with a few hours time and some money.

honestly if someone came to me with 1600 id sell the car with both wheels the extra side skirt, everything. or trade me a nice ass 4 stroke sport quad. which is what im gonna buy when it sells lol

Back