• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking about giving it up

Im not putting those things in for free but the car is good as new thanks to a 1am scramble.

Sure.. but I can't even be sure the rest of the engine is SVT at this point.
But then I have to talk Sam into putting them in for free

doesn't matter. with SVT cams, lim, uim, tb, injectors, pcm, and flywheel etc it will be pretty darn close to making SVT power. throw in some headers and a good exhaust and it will be right there.

bottom line through all the hassle and problems the smile I get from driving my se at the end of the day was well worth it. nothing was worse then when we got the 3L running and it had a coolant leak at the cross over pipe in the head. to have done all that work and then to have to rip back into it. It was disappointing. I started asking myself why I ripped out a prefectly good engine. Then with the turbo, all the issues I ran across, how it consummed my summer and cause some of the relationship troubles that I had ... it sucked. But in the end I have something that I am very proud of and enjoy driving. It all works out, just have to be possitive along the way.

I really don't think I could part with her..
I am just very upset right now...
You try and do nice things for a car.. and it :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on you..

welcome to the world of cars. you will always have ups and downs with them. thats just how it is. you just gotta be optimistic. just a little work and she'll be runnin great

ha shawn wasn't I just talking to you about this same thing lol All the stuff i did to mine and then it didnt want to run and now hell it still wont idle.

Is it an SVT? If it is, I will buy it. Any pics? PM if you want to get rid of it.

kinda sorta
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=44055

I personally wouldn't be sinking money into fixing something that should have been fixed correctly in the first place, so I can understand your frustrations there.
I was going to suggest like most have above to just go out and take a drive to remind yourself why you love the car so much, but then I remembered that thread. :(
Not sure if there's anything that can be said to make you feel any better about that.

Here is a solution. Go out and take a drive in most cars out there....then see how bland they are. I am currently going nuts driving around in my friends Grand Prix GT....nothing really horrible about the car, but it is just....there.

I really don't think I could part with her..
I am just very upset right now...
You try and do nice things for a car.. and it :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on you..

come find me at SZ. i will let you drive my car. maybe that will get you pumped for the reward of driving a car you rebuilt yourself.

you will always have issues, most are small. even my car has its annoyances.... but i wouldnt trade it for what i started out with (minus the paint, i want my paint nice again!)

Here is a solution. Go out and take a drive in most cars out there....then see how bland they are. I am currently going nuts driving around in my friends Grand Prix GT....nothing really horrible about the car, but it is just....there.

i like this idea. this just might work brent. dont let the car issues get to u man. an emotional disarray over a piece of metal isnt worth it. drive other cars. see how much they suck. then u'll go grinning back to ur tour.

Nope.. sure didn't.

Looking for words of encouragement here.
I don't want to feel like this about my car

This is how I look at cars. The average new car payment is $300 a month. That's $3600 a year. If your spending more or around that a year it's time to move on. I've owned my car almost 4 years & put a little over 40k on it I've put around $2800 in it. I've gotten a new clutch, engine, alternator, 2 wheel bearings, 2 control arms, trans mount, all brakes, a caliper, and 2 endlinks because I bent one :nonono:. Sure the car can be a pain sometimes but I enjoy making no payments and only paying $80 a month for insurance.

Back