• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "Why I need to stop procrastinating" thread.

That's good news about the lip spoiler.
How's the car? Did you get the new alternator yet?

Not yet. I'm having trouble getting the warranty honored.

But I did find a shop that I know that'll put it in for $75. =P

I was hoping that you wouldn't have a problem with the warranty.
$75., not bad at all. At least it will be done in a few hours vs a few days. ;)

I guess that means that you got them to honor the warranty then?

Not yet. I'm having the mechanic take it off so I can take it back and give them the part number from the one I bought so they can verify I purchased it.

Gottcha. Hope it works out in your favor.
Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.

It's depressing!

And the guy I took it to knows all about the floating brushes at the higher RPMs, apparently ALL of his Mustangs do it. He has one late 80's coupe that has 1500 horsepower to the crank, an '04 Cobra putting down over 400 to the wheels, and some other twin turbo 80's coupe.

When I go to pick mine up, I'll try to remember to bring my camera to take a few shots of his toys. He does have a ******* child out of all his rwd cars...some fugly Civic.

When I go to pick mine up, I'll try to remember to bring my camera to take a few shots of his toys. He does have a ******* child out of all his rwd cars...some fugly Civic.

I guess with having all that horsepower in the other cars he wants a "practical" car sometimes? :shrug:
Don't forget the camera.

Hey look...I bought a $90 boomerang!

Boomerang.jpg

Nice boomerang. :)
What's the word on the car?
Is that a case of Smirnoff I see? :shocked: ;)

I finally got Pep Boys to stop trying to shaft me and honor the waranty. So it's going in sometime today/tonight.

I didn't get any pictures of the Cobra that has $15k worth of Steeda parts on it, but I did get pictures of the 1800 horsepower '87 coupe engine.

22001.jpg

22002.jpg

I think I've had it with my CSVT to the point that I'm going to sell it when I pay it off.

I paid $75 to get the Alternator put in. The car runs. Here's the best part. Only when it's in gear, my lights flicker a little bit. Every light (guage cluster, thermo controls, headlights). They get slightly dimmer, and then brighter, and they do it constantly. I thought it was just my eyes at first, but applying the horn justified my suspicion. The horn would change pitch as the lights would dim and brighten.

Any suggestions? I'm open to any.

:( No way Glenn!?
Have you spoken with the mechanic (excuse me, tech) that installed it? See what he has to say. Also, did you get another brand new alternator?
Don't give up on the SVT just yet. ;)

My 98 Mystique does the exact same thing. It does get annoying when my headlights do that at night, very easy to see. It does not seem to negatively affect the running of the car or charging of the battery, but it is annoying. I hope you get it figured out, it would be a shame to have to let go of your SVT.

Back