• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Turbo Zetec

oh i see...didn't know they were iron blocks, thought i seen on someone on here say that they were aluminum...that a releif that they arn't tho!

Damn Dan this is really very disappointing :(. Honestly one of the coolest Contours out there is now out of commission. Hopefully you can get her back on the road without too much difficulty, but I know that's gonna be rather difficult. Best of luck, man.

has anyone tried a ford 2.3L swap into a contour?
im assuming your talking about the duratec 2.3L out of like the focus or mazda3/6. it doesnt bolt to our trans and you would have to have custom engine mounts and roll resistors made in order to use the mating trans. the exhaust is on the wrong side engine so i dont think there is enough room for the stock header to clear our firewall. the PCM wouldnt know what to do with the VVT or the variable intake runner lengths. not worth the hassle when the zetec is a perfectly good and extremely strong engine.

"at this point im not sure if im going to save up and drop in a fully built focus block from focus sport "
-
i know a guy on a focus forum that has a built CGI block he is selling. :shrug:
-
also, ive seen this befor on the focus forums and im going to search for a link or 2. they have had some of the same problem with the edge of the valve reliefs breaking off of the probe pistons.
-
linky - http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-i...r-down-pics.html?highlight=probe+piston+break
http://forums.focaljet.com/spi-tuni...t-parts-companies.html?highlight=probe+piston
also an interesting convo - http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-i...ills-cylinder-3-a.html?highlight=probe+piston

Last edited:
Ouch. Sorry to see all of the destruction.

The broken ring lands makes sense though. It would hurt in multiple ways. Scoring the cylinder walls and creating sharp jagged edges that would promote deto. :blackeye:

I hope to see you get her back together.

Later,
Ben

while i really want to rebuild it the money from parting it would be extremely helpful. right now im leaning towards parting it out, unless someone wants to buy the whole car for a little less than what i feel i can get from the parts, and then saving for a bit and start building a Locost 7 (Lotus 7 replica/kit car).

thats wierd,theres a number or turbo'd 2L fs' on the probe and mx6 forums,i've never heard of any of them breaking the edge of the piston like that:shrug:

owned much?!?!:laugh: never crossed my mind that a company would be called probe pistons,and you happen to drove a 2L 4cyl,and the probe se does too...to many conincidences:laugh:

owned much?!?!:laugh: never crossed my mind that a company would be called probe pistons,and you happen to drove a 2L 4cyl,and the probe se does too...to many conincidences:laugh:
i think you need a couple of these. :laugh: :troutslap::troutslap::troutslap::troutslap: :troutslap:

Back