• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The secret's out... (56k WILL DIE)

TheMexicanJob

Banned?
So at SZ I had the unveiling of my truck. 97 Ranger splash with some goodies, i've have the truck since December second, some knew, but not all. I am also proud to say that i won best paint of show at SZ which made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Without further adieu, pictures and comments.

This is what she looked like after i brought it home, but before these pics the majority of the doors were primer as well as other areas but i rattle canned them to get me by with the look of being one color...

DSCF1182.jpg

DSCF1184.jpg

now what's so special, you may ask yourself...

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

Here are some glory shots after cleaning and whatnot

0322071844.jpg

0322071844a.jpg

0322071844b.jpg

What's a project without some problems...:nonono:

0322071946.jpg

0322071946b.jpg

0322071947a.jpg

Next, paint had to be taken care of...

it took me about 3 weeks to decide on a color combination, since the color isn't factory or anything i created my own name for it, Dreamsicle Orange Pearl.

Teardown

0413071255.jpg

0413071255a.jpg

0413071307b.jpg

0413071312a.jpg

0413071316.jpg

The door outside my painter's shop

0413071325.jpg

After layin down the paint before final re-assembly

HPIM0043.jpg

HPIM0047.jpg

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1201.jpg

DSCF1203.jpg

DSCF1204.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

DSCF1208.jpg

Here are a couple picture in direct sun, you can see the pearl in the paint, this paint changes shades like crazy in different light, some light it will look very yellow, and other it will be a much deeper orange.

DSCF1210.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

looked great man. I wanna get a hold of your paint guy cus I want to paint the G. Nice job on the Best Paint award..

Man is it fun to ride in. Crazy looks from peeps. Crapped my pants when you dumped the tanks behind me. Thought something let go on my car. LOL!

Looks good and all but whats w/ the Saleen knockoff wheels w/ cobra inserts on a truck :confused::shrug:

that's what i was thinking......

how about these? these are the wheels i made for a ranger
IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

more pics to come soon in a new thread [/threadhijack]

truck looks fuggin sweet man. im really digging the creative framework they did in the rear! :cool: please tell me you have the cajones to drag it while driving!

i'd post draggin vids but it might be against the rules.

The wheels came with the truck, they may be knockoffs but they look good, and the cobra emblems, well i'm not a big fan but i don't have any money and i'd rather have cobra center caps than no center caps.

teamSVTour said:
Looks good and all but whats w/ the Saleen knockoff wheels w/ cobra inserts on a truck

That's like questioning focus wheels on a contour, or any mustang wheel on a ranger, vett wheels on a camaro, rx-8 wheels on a MS6, not sure what the big deal is, it's not like i'm calling my truck a Saleen or a Cobra.

i think the wheels look cool. just like you pointed out. no big deal with cobra caps, theyre not authentic anyways. unfortunately the snake on the caps looks retarded, thats why i never put mine on :laugh:
get yourself some Ford Racing caps when you have some loot. those look pretty nice. hell, even some saleen caps :shrug:

Back