• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Pre98 Dies a Slow Death

Pre98

Hard-core CEG'er
It's a sad day.

EndIsNear1.jpg

EndIsNear2.jpg

Oil. :nonono: It was pumping out like crazy while running. I pulled her into the driveway to get started on some repairs and I heard it right away, so I backed out and washed the driveway best I could. Thankfully, the driveway is set to be replaced next year, so I couldn't care less.. lol.

But sadly.. I think this is a grave reminder that I no longer have the time to keep up with broken cars. It's also dissuaded me from potential SVT purchases, and I don't want to argue it out- it's settled. [Awaits Shawns response] :laugh:

So in light of this, parts will be available before the snow flies, namely the wheels (with half tread tires) trubendz stainless exhaust, near perfect seats and engine cover. Please no PMs yet as it's all still on the car. :laugh: I need it gone before winter because I simply do not have the room for a broken car on top of my DD and stored cars.

Here's to a fun run with the autotragic pile of purpleness. :cry: She's going to have a deserving memorial made.. so stay tuned for that. :cool:

ContourSE1curveadjusted.jpg

ContourSE2curvesedited.jpg

June2008edit.jpg

sad .. but I'm not surprised .. I feel the same way when a car keeps breaking over and over. You certainly had a fun run with it, and produced some spectacular photos. I'd say store it, unless you already have other cars stored as you hint.

:nonono:shame , shaweet looking car :drool: no disassemble :nonono: also mtx or atx:shrug:

What exactly is the issue with the oil leak? Is it fixable or no?

Hit me up on AIM, I'm interested in some of the parts if you do end up parting it. But, i'd much rather see it get fixed up and would be more than willing to help out with that if needed...

After discussing it further it might be possible I have a bad power steering problem. It would explain the ridiculous whine that I thought was an alternator issue originally. The PS fluid was changed in September.

The fluid in question dripped down to cover the lower rear o2 sensor, so if it's oil, that's a really really bad sign. So I'm hoping for power steering issues.. that's not as horrible as it could be so to speak.

I won't know until I can move the car and get it on stands this weekend.

Bill, bill, bill.......... sheesh

You gave up on this car after it was broken into....

PS fluid might have sprayed high enough to coat the o2 sensor:shrug:. It would be wierd if the oil filter gasket blew out. Check your oil level, that should tell you if it was oil or not. And check your PS fluid also.

How much for the whole car "as-is"?

Bill, bill, bill.......... sheesh

You gave up on this car after it was broken into....

PS fluid might have sprayed high enough to coat the o2 sensor:shrug:. It would be wierd if the oil filter gasket blew out. Check your oil level, that should tell you if it was oil or not. And check your PS fluid also.

How much for the whole car "as-is"?
easy joe...i got first pickin's:laugh:

You are funny - we know why ours went :blackeye:. It's funny because we both went 3L because of it :laugh:. BTW how is yours running?

95pgt-t, you are closer anyway - you can have it then :cry:

If you are serious, Bring it over to my house... Leave it there and leave with some cash :)

Seriously, what a shame. I remember seeing her for the first time at putt putt and thought she was beautiful..

Seriously, you should keep it and fix it... honestly.

Back