• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the new sho makes an appearance

IZRCW2BP3UYRBPSQIAT3XCD2BGIXSZKL.jpg

I find it ironic they say that Ford brought out an affordable sports sedan when they're so excited about the new $35k SHO.

if i had 35k to spend on a car, i would most definitely not buy a taurus

well what would you buy? and i don't want to hear G8 because, frankly, the 2 cars are not comparable. nor would they be unless the G8 were awd.

The S60R only came with 300hp and maybe half the amenities of the new SHO and still topped out at 45-48k fully optioned out. you want a 335xi or 535xi you're gonna be ponying up 48-55 respectively (probably more depending on options).

Yes, a FORD TAURUS competing with things like Audi's and BMW's. A very weird concept indeed. But until we've driven a new SHO lets hold back on dishing out final judgment on it just yet. I've only sat in the new Taurus, but I can tell you that the materials and construction are way better than any Taurus before it. And when you scoff at the price, remember that the SHO was an expensive car back in it's day.

A few members on SHOForum were invited out to Chicago to get an early look at the car.
sho1-1.jpg

shoengine3.jpg

shoturbos.jpg

shoengine2.jpg

shotrans.jpg

it's nice to see a ford stamp on a turbo! that hasn't happened around here for a whlie!

anyway, what size are those? i remember rara saying that the stock turbo's were kinda small...although he might have been talking about the fusion.

also, is that last picture the transmission? it looks like one of the new fully gear driven automatics that ford is coming out with...which i thought wasn't making it into this car?

anyway...i'm seriously contemplating an upgrade here. the R is great but it's gone once the warranty is up. i have no qualms about owning a ford...and this taurus has got everything i want/need.

yeah, so the F what if it's a taurus. Get the name brand bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: out of your head and look at what you are getting for your money. Isn't that why we drive ford contours in the first place? Bang for your buck and we don't care about image?(which is poor in the eyes of everyone else in the US) Grow up peter pan! Count chocula!

I'f I'm paying 38k, I WANT as much stuff as I can get for it, I don't want a base model luxury vehicle.

driving > douchey image portrayal

yeah, so the F what if it's a taurus. Get the name brand bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: out of your head and look at what you are getting for your money. Isn't that why we drive ford contours in the first place? Bang for your buck and we don't care about image?(which is poor in the eyes of everyone else in the US) Grow up peter pan! Count chocula!

I'f I'm paying 38k, I WANT as much stuff as I can get for it, I don't want a base model luxury vehicle.

driving > douchey image portrayal

I'm not hung up on the name, I'm hung up on the idea of the price and power pushing the Taurus into the ranks of an Audi or BMW. I just dont see them as direct competitors and thats not saying its not a nice car or wont be a great performer. I've driven my parents car with the same awd system and can honestly say you cant tell its working. It still feels like the front wheels are driving and only when its real slick do you get the rear tires to do some work as well.

I dont get why they are not offering it in a manual. Its kind of dissapointing even though I cant afford one. That triptronic :censored::censored::censored::censored: just isnt the same.

well WRX's and STi's aren't really close to the sizeof this car at all. You may as well say "i'd take a corvette over that boat" any day.

If you had said Legacy GT Spec B, then maybe you'd have a more credible statement.

I dont get why they are not offering it in a manual. Its kind of dissapointing even though I cant afford one. That triptronic :censored::censored::censored::censored: just isnt the same.

They have to appeal to the masses on that one. Since they dont have a DSG yet they stuck to their reliable and actually decent automatic with some adjustments to make it sportier.

True but I still hope to see the new sho with a manual transmission option someday. It just makes it more fun to drive in my opinion.

I dont think they have a slick manual for that engine ready though. The DSG is coming and it will be nice to see that on the SHO but then again the SHO may be gone by that point since it seems Ford has been dragging their feet on development.

Back