• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The new daily driver....

luvn it. great upgrade. i test drove the 03 LSD equipp'd IS 300 last year. they wanted 20k for it. for that amount of money, i couldnt see myself buying it, considering it was indeed lacking in power. it was the tip-tronic one tho...:ponder:

Tony, finally got the car to go with your M5 wing eh???:laugh:

the car looks even better in these pics than the ones you sent me a while back

P.S. What part of PA is the dealer located?

I bought the car with 129k (rolling into 133k now). It doesn't look it has that much mileage at all! I actually thought the mileage was a typo at first. It was a 1 owner, corporate lease vehicle. He worked for a bank and drove all around the east coast so the mileage is all highway. No accidents or paint work and all regular BMW dealer maintenance. The interior is immaculate with only a little dirt on the drivers seat. It has quite a few dings in the doors which I need to get removed and the hood has the paint chips to show its mileage. Other than that it was very well taken care of and it had a thorough inspection before I bought it.

The only 2 things that I found recently is that it has a slow oil leak where the motor and tranny meet and the clutch slips when shifting hard under WOT. Overall the car is rock solid. Drives and sounds like its new.

I love my 540I. I will warn you that they can be tempermental. Has the cooling system overhaul been done yet?

The radiator has a manufacturing date from mid-2007 so my guess is that it probably had about 2 cooling system overhauls based on the mileage the car has. I was aware of the cooling issues they have before I bought the car so I made sure to check that right away.

Tony, finally got the car to go with your M5 wing eh???:laugh:

the car looks even better in these pics than the ones you sent me a while back

P.S. What part of PA is the dealer located?

:laugh::laugh:

Yeah, I actually bought the car with no spoiler. The spoiler was put on the same day I took those pictures. I wanted an OEM M5 spoiler, but they are too pricey for a little piece of plastic/rubber. $183 OEM unpainted, shipping not included, or $50 painted and shipped. :rolleyes:

The dealer is in West Chester, PA. They have some great deals on some nice cars. I check the website every once in a while to see the inventory.

www.skymotorcars.com in case you want to check it out.

The only 2 things that I found recently is that it has a slow oil leak where the motor and tranny meet and the clutch slips when shifting hard under WOT. Overall the car is rock solid. Drives and sounds like its new.

Main seal?

What kind of a baller do you think you are? :crazy:

Also, did you get my text a few weeks ago? I was driving behind lamarossa in hartford :blackeye:

Yeah I did. You talking about his retarded yellow Supra?

Gonna let me drive the Merkur anytime soon? :drool:

yes. That thing is awful.

I can't even drive the merkur yet lol. I have to go through this big mess (not really that big of a mess) with title and insurance swapping for the contour to have it all in my name, then I can reg/insure the merkur. It sounded so choice when jeff was driving it to my storage unit though.

Back