• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

Yeah... the spec 3+ isn't nearly as difficult to drive as Ron's clutch.

Do you know where the p/s pump is leaking? I would guess from one of the line connectors. I've had a hard time getting the teflon o-rings to seal correctly... it sometimes takes me a couple times to get it on right.

Do you know if they used a new swivel connector? Those go bad too... I wouldn't re-use one with more than 30k miles. I'm not sure if they re-used it or not.

Whoops. First page is updated. Didn't notice...

Yep I keep it updated for myself, and anyone who might be interested in how much it costs to do a 3l. Its a bit more then I was expecting, but hey it works!

Oh and the power steering is working just fine now.

Update on the car. I've been doing little things here and there. Making it look better fixing things that are not right etc.

Just finished my NPG CAI and enjoying that. My old intake made for some really high intake temps.

P1010139.jpg

The clutch is turning to crap and won't last much longer i suspect. Typical spec problems. I have a low milage trans on the way and a fidanza flywheel.

P1010120.jpg

I would love to do the suspention as its pretty worn at 113k miles. But the trans work comes first. Just wish my spec 3+ wasn't eating itself. I've been a little hard on it though.

P1010135.jpg

Next project is to get the pats clock working. And the new leather for the shift boots and e brake. Been waiting on that stuff forever.

I have an NPG CAI sitting here i need to get around to installing. Cars looking great man.

Your car is coming along nicely! It's a possibility I'm moving to Phoenix this winter. That means you'll have another 3L T-red in town!:cool: I'm doing a 3L split port with svt cams though. We'll have to "compare" if I do end up out there.

A little late but.... your car is looking great! I was concerned when I heard a CSVT just like yours was on craigslist.

Hey thanks, it runs really well. I can't get it to pass emitions becouse I don't have an egr pipe. The tags expired in july so I can't drive it as much as I have been.

Is this the craigslist car your talking about?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1290662528.html

I actually checked this one out to maybe purchase it but it was rough, had a lot of issues. It was a 3l hybrid but it felt pretty damn slow.

For the egr, do you just need the pipe from the headers to the 3L intake? Did they fail your for a physical inspection or because of cel's?

Yeah but p1000 stays on that tune as well. It wont cycle out I drove it for 2 months and it doesn't go away.

Do you have the egr module plugged in? My egr is tuned out, but it still has the module plugged in. I thought I read that you couldn't get rid of the module.

Well I got busted for expired tags last week. So now I HAVE to get this thing emission tested. Anyone know of a place that can make a custom EGR tube for me? And Nautilus is not returning my calls or e mails so that option is out for the time being.

Back