• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thanks Dave!!!!

BK4293

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey Dave, just wanted to thank you for hosting todays meat...I mean meet.
Enjoyed meeting the new folks that I didn't know and seeing some old farts like Terry and Sean still around.
I am still in shock that my old RS5's are still in circulation!:shocked::laugh:

Goodnight all!

Last edited:
Yea, thanks a lot, that was good stuff.
Hey Dave, just wanted to thank you for hosting todays meat...I mean meet.
Enjoyed meeting the new folks that I didn't know and seeing some old farts like Terry and Sean still around.
I am still in shock that my old RS5's are still in circulation!:shocked::laugh:

Goodnight all!
Don't worry, they're in good hands :cool:

We got to Terry's but the TB didn't have a port for the IAC so we had some beers and ripped some more stuff off his project Cougar. Those windshield wipers are a PITA.

Good times.

Glad to meet new CEG'ers and hang out with the old ones.

Damn pontiacs, we were outnumbered...:crazy:

Yeah, I tell ya, those damn Ford guys busting in on everyone elses meets:crazy:

Anyway, glad to have you all over yesterday. In fact your all welcome anytime, even after the wife met you:laugh:

Jarod and Juan, thanks again for all your help with the van, it's still making the crunching noise when turning, but not everytime, so I may have to look into that some more. Trans is actually shifting smoother than before!!

glad to help, glad it shifts better. maybe you should head to the ford dealer for a powersteering flush.

2 things we forgot about. adjust my rear bumper and Knauberization.

Sean is it ok right now? idle any better or worse? gas mileage change?

glad to help, glad it shifts better. maybe you should head to the ford dealer for a powersteering flush.

2 things we forgot about. adjust my rear bumper and Knauberization.

A little research on the PS fluid and it sounds like something we could probably do on a weekend.

1. Remove return line
2. Allow to drain
3. Run 1 qt fresh fluid through system
4. Replace return line
5. Replace fluid with new

What do you think?

Also no problem, we'll get Juan over there again sometime and we'll get that sag out (mine could use a slight adjustment as well) and knauberize it.

Sean is it ok right now? idle any better or worse? gas mileage change?

I don't know about mileage yet, I haven't filled up yet and it hasn't learned the tune yet. It's getting better, but it takes several trips before it's at full power, etc. It's idling better now. Start up is a little rough, struggles around 600rpm and then sits around 800 or so. That's about where we set it. Once I get moving it sits around 1k. At this point I am thinking of abandoning the wire on the harness and running some new wire for that connector. The IAC should be able to handle the amount of air flow it is getting right now but it isn't which makes me think the wiring is shot. Plus the error. If anything it's nice and quiet which makes driving around town a little calmer.

Very nice Sean, it works better now, but not there yet, she will for sure.

Yep, i can show up to Dave's or Jarod's and work on that bumper issue, just make sure that propane tank and heater are ready to work, because it is the coldzzzzzzzzzzzz out there.

Also, i am on vacation this week, so today i head to Victory auto and i found five countours, NONE, duratecs, one had hazed headlights and complete interior and such but i had no need, maybe some folks here could use some spares.

I got my set of tweeters off a altima in there...for free, ooops. The one on the left blew, no wonder it never worked, dam pos, hehe.:laugh:

Very nice Sean, it works better now, but not there yet, she will for sure.

Yep, i can show up to Dave's or Jarod's and work on that bumper issue, just make sure that propane tank and heater are ready to work, because it is the coldzzzzzzzzzzzz out there.

Also, i am on vacation this week, so today i head to Victory auto and i found five countours, NONE, duratecs, one had hazed headlights and complete interior and such but i had no need, maybe some folks here could use some spares.

I got my set of tweeters off a altima in there...for free, ooops. The one on the left blew, no wonder it never worked, dam pos, hehe.:laugh:

Don't suppose they had any 2000's with the PT interior did they?

I believe there is one...damn...

And you didn't get me the b-pillar cover:nonono: DAMN YOU:laugh:

If you are in the area again, and would stop through and see if there is one of those little covers, right above the seatbelt about 1"x1" and grab it I would greatly appreciate it!

Jarod, after that computer reset im having the same problem i had before. its a weird issue. It drives fine for the most part, except at higher rpm's. once it gets to about 5500 rpms it just starts missing or backfiring or something. Its just a bad noise and the rpm's hit a wall. Before i just kept resetting the ECU untill it resolved itself, after like 5 fuse pulls. Any idea?

Back