• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taurus intake hoses

Any chance you could sketch up a quick vacuum hose diagram in Paint or something?
I'd appreciate that as well.

Did you have to trim down the brass nipple to get the canister hose to hook to the UIM? Looking at it, it looks like ill just run a small vac line to the plastic pc that it hooked to on the 2.5...

I'm sorry guys I guess I didn't see the other new posts or I forgot or something I'll try to get something up on a hose routing diagram.
As for the EGR system when you run headers w/ the 2.5 intakes you use a compression fitting to change the direction of the pipe a little. On this one we took the EGr tube from the 3.0 & cut it & then we took the one from the 2.5 headers & mated them. I don't think I got any pics of that process. you could probably just use the 3.0 one w/ some compression fittings but ours was cut off to start w/. We basically needed 2 compression fittings to get the routing of the EGR tube right.

Did you have to trim down the brass nipple to get the canister hose to hook to the UIM? Looking at it, it looks like ill just run a small vac line to the plastic pc that it hooked to on the 2.5...

We didn't have to trim that. The one we were using slid right on.

Strange, Mine would not slide on. I just used the stock peice with some vac line and plugged the other side...
DSC02066.jpg

Brake booster:
DSC02065.jpg

Vac to FPR
DSC02068.jpg

Vac distro: Green to FPR, 2 reds to each of the lines coming from the firewall. The lines are misshapen and hopefully only temporary.

DSC02069.jpg

Of course I don't have any EGR so it eliminated many vac connections. I still need to ditch the EGR vac regulator, not sure why I left it bolted on.

Coilpack mounted:
DSC02052.jpg

The vacuum lines are really not bad if you can take a second to look at where they are coming from on a 2.5.

That is an ingenious coilpack mounting position! Good job all the way around. Let us know what you think of the motor.

BTW When you said canister hose I assumed you meant the EVAP hose to the charcoal canister.

Last edited:
Back