• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My car.

96Mystique

CEG'er
This is my 1996 Mercury Mystique. I need to get it repainted, 'cause some of the paint is chipping. I've also got to finish up the exhaust and I'm still waiting for my intake to get here. :cry: I was also wanting to know what would be a good rim choice? I don't like chrome, so don't suggest it.

100_7628.jpg

wow! that is one clean looking mystique! 96!? Oh, dont worry, no one will suggest chrome wheels. :) They generally don't look good on our cars. look in the wheels section. I've always loved the pre 98 mystique headlights. keep that ride clean man.

This is no where neat clean, unfortunately. :shrug: The owners before me lived on a dirt road, and didn't care what their car looked like. There's dust all in the door jams, and I have yet to be able to get it all clean. The interior is pretty decent, besides some little stains. I am going to be shampooing them once I can find my shampooer. Thanks for the comments though!

I was thinking of some sort of 5 spoke rim. I searched Google for FSVT Rims, and I didn't find anything, besides the post on here. How much do the FSVT rims go for? What would be a good color choice, I'm thinking I want something dark instead of a light color, like my current rims.

EDIT : I was thinking of something like these wheels

Last edited:
5 star FSVT rims are pretty cheap 17"'s, as well as the multi-spoke Euro FSVT rims:cool:

ST200 wheels look sweet on any non-svt too.

speaking of which, mine MIGHT be up for sale soon. so keep an eye out in the classifieds, it depends on how this car sells and what I end up finding next.

Back