• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ dynos?

i have one of stazi, 2 of me and 2 from zenboy. i have to convert them though...they're a little big as avi files. and also, need to find an ftp. i have access to some but not for getting raped. yousendit and all that would probably expire fast. youtube ftw??

Updated the sig this morning and i'll hopefully have new times as well by the end of the week.

I put down 184/166 which is 9hp and 13tq up from last year.

Mods since last year:

Custom built intake tube
65mm TB
Max honed UIM with alignment pins and port matched to the LIM
Gutted LIM, shafts and butterflies removed and holes filled (pics posted a while back)
Re-worked exhaust to remove bends and added a high-flow Magnaflow Cat

Total cost: ~$250 :cool:

I'll be posting up my dyno sheet and vids hopefully tonight.

But most importantly, I dyno'd 262whp/ 250'ish tq @ 7psi.

At SZ06 I dyno'd 177whp.

179hp and 161tq
Stock with tru duals and K&N filter

The sheet is somewhere in my car I'll have to find it

Last edited:
Should put some headers on that sucker B4 the turbo. Seems like the plots were high? Just me?

The subies seemed lower than they dyno'd before. They might of been high but probably not more than a few HP like 2-3hp i would assume if even that.

as far as the dyno being accurate, the R put down 221hp 243tq - which is exactly what i was expecting based on other stock r's whose dyno's i've seen.

174 hp/169 tq

change from last dyno was headers and SVT cams

last dyno on a dyno jet was 164 hp/156 tq uncorrected or 156hp/148 tq with a SAE correction ....

I will dyno again soon to get back to back dyno jet numbers or wait until I get my trubendz exhaust then dyno :laugh:

5.18.2007.JPG

Last edited:
256 WHP
295 TRQ

not bad before it went boom!

torque curve was insane, graph goes straight up. i'll scan it and get it up when i'm home next week.....right now i have to worry about getting the car home.

Ya posting #'s when your engine granaded itself doesn't count. Anyone can throw that kinda shot at the car to get stupid high numbers. The key factor here is it didn't last.

Those are nice numbers but it would be like me doing a 200shot then posting those #'s. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Ill have to force stoobie to post his up, but it was 175 / 170 and a freaking FLAT tq curve.

SE motor, SVT LIM / UIM, Open element filter, stock precats, and exhaust. Very quick car.

Ill have to force stoobie to post his up, but it was 175 / 170 and a freaking FLAT tq curve.

SE motor, SVT LIM / UIM, Open element filter, stock precats, and exhaust. Very quick car.

damn, that just proves that some motors are stronger then others or how they are broken in really does affect how much power that an engin can make ... I have alot more to get similar numbers ...

steeda, for a few days i didnt hate you. your getting right back there though.

lets take into account that i had a mishap:

TWO full dyno pulls at 18:1 AFR because i wasnt taking the pulls and the guy running it wouldnt listen to me.

second: i ran 30+ bottles on the car, from 140k till 164k

and the car did similar numbers with a blown clutch and a 75 shot.

im not up here to brag, but that's what it did, and it did for almost two years.

Back