• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT to ST-24 front fascia

SVT to ST-24 front fascia

• Would be a first.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • May cost too much, but worth it.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Nothing Special about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ugly.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Why bother?

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To do this right you would need...

-fenders
-headlights... might as well spring for the morettes at this point
-hood
-grill
-ST bumper
-ST bumper support
-ST bumper fascia

You would have a mismatch in body lines, but you could work this kink out (I think) by fabbing the fenders to have the body line continue into them and end at the fender well. This project will be very, very expensive. You might as well look at some of the body kits that are available for the Mondeo's too. Some of them look pretty wild and a lot better then the factory ST look IMO.

I worked on WorldTours Mondeo bumper alot, I did alot of the glassing on it, I am also working on a SVT/Acura lip mix. Its what I do, the Modeo one wasnt easy. Now Im not saying this will be but it can be done. This is another pic of a custom splitter that Im doing for CKTour98's bumper, its still in very rough state in this pic, when I dig up more pics of my work, I'll post them. I just also finished the molded SVT side skirts.

DSC00319.jpg

DSCI0017.jpg

DSCI0020-1.jpg

I thought we were talking about molding an ST24 bumper to a Contour bumper? :shrug:

I mean, I could have posted what I've done. I've molded two pre 98 bumpers to SVT bumpers, completely reconstructed a rear SVT fascia, etc. Then again, those don't do CruzCorp any good.

Molding a ST24 fascia to a Contour fascia is a whole other ball game compared to what you and I've done. Im sure either one of us could mold it just to mold it, but to make it look like it was OEM is another story. Incorporating bodylines into a bumper is not something someone has done here. Its always been, cut each bumper in half and mold together.

Ya, you have a valid point. I just think that you could apply the same principles that we have been using to do the SE to SVT bumper cut delios. Its would be a difficult project don't get my wrong but not nearly impossible, with all aspects of the body lines of the car considered.

I want to know how you could get the mondy bumper here. Thats the biggest problem thus far. As far as the integration goes, it wouldn't be too difficult, just wouldnt be a direct cut in half, more like cut 1/3 of it.
I'm no body man but I'm sure my experience in the business will be a major factor of the final product.

I remember a member by the name of "m!keyboy" that bought an ST24 front bumper from the UK and had plans to put it on a Contour, but I don't think he ever did it.

I remember a member by the name of "m!keyboy" that bought an ST24 front bumper from the UK and had plans to put it on a Contour, but I don't think he ever did it.

Yeah, Mike never did mold it. I think he even bought an M3 fascia as well. Not sure what he did with the fascia. It's probably long gone by now. I think I vaguely rememeber him selling it in the classifieds, but I could be wrong. It was like 3 years ago.

Yeah, Mike never did mold it. I think he even bought an M3 fascia as well. Not sure what he did with the fascia. It's probably long gone by now. I think I vaguely rememeber him selling it in the classifieds, but I could be wrong. It was like 3 years ago.

C'mon guys, now your just teasing me. There anyway of getting in contact with him?

(2)
C'mon guys, now your just teasing me. There anyway of getting in contact with him?

(2)

put two & two together....

Last edited:
I worked on WorldTours Mondeo bumper alot, I did alot of the glassing on it.

:confused: I recall you doing some sanding while scott was working on your car, but I don't recall you doing any of the glass work. Infact distinctly remember scott taking a few minutes to add some glass before we went to dinner while you stood and watched.

And no offense, but I'd like to know how you've went from this:
Just curious on how you would go about actually molding the two pieces together? Fiberglass, epoxy? Thanks, Keith :laugh:

to this:
keithr said:
Man, I have already done one of these, send me your stock bumper and the ST, I'll make it fit.:cool:
in such a short period of time. :shrug:

making that ST24/200 front bumper fit properly onto a contour, and look good for that matter would require so much modification and hacking up of the bumper that it wouldn't even look like a Mondeo bumper anymore.

As other people on here have said, the key problem with the mondeo bumper, in order for it to look good, is that it is missing the key body line in the lower part of the contour body, this bumper would only look good if someone custom filling in the doors and rear bumper as well to not have that body line, and I think like only 1 or two people have ever done that before, I remember seeing pictures years ago on the old forums.

I have an idea on how to get it to work, it is going to take some work and I know it definitely won't take a week to do. Just having the 2 bumpers together in the same place at the same time would answer a million questions that I have in regards to this idea. It is similar to the cut and chop that was brought up earlier but not as simple. I need to get the ST bumper to even compare.

I worry the day I hit a pot hole or speed bump too hard if I ever am able to put this fascia on my car....

Back