• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Parts on a stock D2.5

Get a dyno tune when you are finished to get the most out of the mods you swap on, assuming a dyno shop can tune a 97 Contour (OBDI). The mail order tune is not going to be perfect if you go that route.

only the 95 was OBDI. all other years where OBDII.

only the 95 was OBDI. all other years where OBDII.

ALL cars (not just Contours but every car manufactured) for the 96 model year and newer are OBD2. newer cars (somewhere around 04 depending on manufacturer and model), while still OBD2, use a newer can-bus communications system though so not all scanners can communicate with them.

Ok, so I finally bought all the stuff!! I got the LIM, UIM, TB cable and bracket, injectors, gaskets, pcm, custom 2.5inch svt dual exhaust, clutch and flywheel.... I just have to wait till the windchill is not 39 BELOW zero lol....
Now when I put everything on, not inculding the pcm,.... will it throw codes (theoretically)?? I want to put the 19# injectors on before I get it tuned, but will it run like crap until I get the tune? I am also a little worried about the milage with those... will it be terribly worse? (I just got 42mpg here at 6000ft alt.)

I am so stoked.... I can't wait to get this going. I am also getting the Duraflex Survivor body kit, and 18" Verde Calibre rims and tires. The car will be all black, with blue accents. I will post progress pictures on my profile pics

Ok, so I finally bought all the stuff!! I got the LIM, UIM, TB cable and bracket, injectors, gaskets, pcm, custom 2.5inch svt dual exhaust, clutch and flywheel.... I just have to wait till the windchill is not 39 BELOW zero lol....
Now when I put everything on, not inculding the pcm,.... will it throw codes (theoretically)?? I want to put the 19# injectors on before I get it tuned, but will it run like crap until I get the tune? I am also a little worried about the milage with those... will it be terribly worse? (I just got 42mpg here at 6000ft alt.)

I am so stoked.... I can't wait to get this going. I am also getting the Duraflex Survivor body kit, and 18" Verde Calibre rims and tires. The car will be all black, with blue accents. I will post progress pictures on my profile pics

Your lucky, I'm at sea level averaging between 13 and 15 mpg, I just recently got a SRI, so ATM I'm trying to see how much better my mpg gets, its just so hard to keep from flooring it now LOL. As for other modification now, I'm gonna wait to get my hands on a 1999 or a 2000 CSVT, base on some research that I have done those two years were the most powerful for the SVT.

Back