• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Lightening T's Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
But officially from Ford, it's an SVT Contour, regardless of what any other website or company says. It's always been that way. CSVT is technically wrong but we all use it.

Look at any Ford documentation or even the 98 SVT promo video. It's always SVT Contour.

I agree. SVT Contour is correct. But it's perhaps more natural to say Contour SVT, as you would Taurus SHO, even though it's not officially right in our cases.

Well it seems Ford, ford literature, and most ford based enthusiast sites list SVT first. I put my money on them. :shrug:

Lets not forget the focus here though, non f150 + lightning shirts are silly.

Good to know many members on here arent driving fords. They are driving "SVT's".

Good to know many members on here arent driving fords. They are driving "SVT's".

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored: dude. Give it up.

Back on topic...
I think an SVT Contour shirt would be good. Maybe not such huge lettering. Perhaps a shirt with the CEG cartoon contour thing would be good. I have always liked the look of those. I beleive they were used on shirts before...

Ford was assumed -- it's a Ford forum, after all. For clarity:

Ford SVT Contour. Call Dearborn now. They'll confirm it.

you are retarded....FORD - "SVT Contour"....FORD - "SVT Mustang Cobra"...FORD "SVT Focus"...FORD "SVT F150 LIGHTNING"

Does that fit your formula better? There are no trim levels...those are the names of the vehicles...

It's not mazda 3 mazdaspeed...it's mazda mazdaspeed3...same deal!

See, it's even on the badge:
01.ford.f150svt.badge.175.jpg

Last edited:
maybe i was wrong :shrug::troutslap:

it would have just been easier if they had given the car some other name like they did the "cobra" and "lightening" :laugh:

My point was that the naming is backwards. MazdaSpeed3 is a new name, for the car, Kinda like a Shelby Cobra etc. SVT Contour may be the right name from Ford, but it does not follow standard naming convention: Year, Make, Model, Trim. Being OCD, this bugs me.

Holy Crap!

Holy Crap!

Holy Crap! :shrug:

I just wanted to make some t-shirts. Anyhow, waaaaaaaaaay to much trouble it seems, I am going to stick with CEG design only. If your interested, PM me, if not, thats alright to.

Cheers,
Keith

Instead of adding counterproductive comments to this thread, perhaps someone should just ask what your motivation was behind putting "Contour" or "Mystique" and "Lightening" [sic] together on a shirt. Was there a misunderstanding that the Lightning is its own SVT model and not a descriptor for all SVT vehicles? Because that's the impression I got after reading just the first three posts, before everything went downhill. This confusion, plus the disregard for intellectual property rights and the misspelling in your initial offering are each deal breakers by themselves to many on here. These are some things to keep in mind if you wish to provide services in the future, which we do appreciate when done conscientiously.

Instead of adding counterproductive comments to this thread, perhaps someone should just ask what your motivation was behind putting "Contour" or "Mystique" and "Lightening" [sic] together on a shirt. Was there a misunderstanding that the Lightning is its own SVT model and not a descriptor for all SVT vehicles? Because that's the impression I got after reading just the first three posts, before everything went downhill. This confusion, plus the disregard for intellectual property rights and the misspelling in your initial offering are each deal breakers by themselves to many on here. These are some things to keep in mind if you wish to provide services in the future, which we do appreciate when done conscientiously.
very well stated

very well said

Alright,
It seams as though for the first time on this never ending nonsense of a thread, that apparently has everyone freaking out that I am seeing the first light of some intelligence and regard for someone else, so thank-you for that.

So to further explain myself, YES, it was a mistake, ie: the lightning part and for that I apologize. I didn't realize that to many, meaning all, that it was a big deal, apparently so. So without any more hate posting's, lets put this one to rest.

As for the actual designs of the shirts, I was just trying to contribute to the forum and stay involved as an active member, I was not trying to infringe on any copyright issues, I am not a lawyer, just a guy that wanted some cool shirts.

Cheers,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back