• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT dies to save pre98 SE**build thread**

What are you leaning towards with the satin black? I was planning on picking up the satin black paint in 2 weeks for my svt, but now I feel like i would be steeling your idea. Ill just go will another satin color i suppose.

man, it looks awsome! i used to have a 98 jetta with satin black paint, and i can deff say that it turns heads and gets alot of comments and questions!

When you painted the caliper's, did you sand blast them before painting? or in other words what was the process you took to clean them up, sand them, and paint them? meaning what exactly did you do to prep them...

Great job man! can't wait to see some more pics! :cool:

Couple of my first ever rig shots taken tonight. In the driveway going 100mph!

1st one in all its black primer glory.
Project_SeVT_270.jpg

Second one is the other side that still looks OK. That's me in the drivers seat. I set the timer on the camera and ran over and jump into the car. Rolled it back for the 20 second exposure.
Project_SeVT_271.jpg

All I need now is a FINISHED Contour and a background other than my driveway....

Louie

Looks really good! Got any shots of the rig?

Seems like everyone is making a rig these days. Id like to soon jump on that bandwagon too :D

I had everything to build it, just didn't know it. All I needed was the suction pumps. I took a picture of the rig. Its on the other camera. I'll post it up later. The rig is your standard rig set up, Avenger suction pumps, Bogan magic arms, super clamps, big A** 6011-aluminum pole. And a Nikon D3 helps a little!

Copyright

Copyright

Thanks!! Just called them and left a message to either pay for the image rights or remove. As a professional commercial photographer, I take this seriously!
Louie

I thought it was funny that they put a copyright block on the photo they stole from you! hahahaha - that's when I decided to post it here because I knew that was a members car.

100% they photoshopped wheels on it and superimposed the image over another car... They edited the color of your pinstripe also... but its yours..

And yes the Contour is now Black, Green, Silver and T-red!!

So just to keep me motivated I Photoshop painted it real quick.....
picture.php

not bad for about 18 hours so far. Still UGLY!! But 100% better than 2 days ago...
Louie

How did u get the part that wraps around the grill on the bumper? I'm thinking of convertingy csvt front end with the pre 98
Help is needed thanks

How did u get the part that wraps around the grill on the bumper? I'm thinking of convertingy csvt front end with the pre 98
Help is needed thanks
You need to graft the top of the pre-98 bumper to the lower portion of the SVT bumper. I believe there's a few members here who've done it.

Back