• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharger drawing near the end

did you consider making this out of plastic ? You could sandwich an aluminium heat exchanger between plastic upper and lower parts avoiding heatsoak. Probably cut a large chunk of $$$ out of the total cost too... G.

did you consider making this out of plastic ? You could sandwich an aluminium heat exchanger between plastic upper and lower parts avoiding heatsoak. Probably cut a large chunk of $$$ out of the total cost too... G.

yeah I did but the cost is huge in plastic molding I can afford the setup charge they want plus I would have to restructure everything to support the weight or torque remember the 3.8 pontiac didin't even have a cooler we will be flowing the water all the time so the heat transfer will plateau at some point. Also the manifiold has a plastic gasket to seperate the heads and the manifold. Plus we will not be pushing this SC to it limits it flows up to 500hp

After looking at my engine today, no is the answer :( Got a coilpack or something in the way.

Ok I finished the SC prototype all I need to do now it make the P/S bracket secure more you will have to use a mazda 6 PS pump for this and we will supply the adapter and the hose adapter to get it to work. There will be a pulley guard over the belts to cover the brackets and the belts and do realize this is the jig part that the finished product will be solid aluminum machined etc........

contourSCprototype.jpg

Looks good, although I shudder to see the hood this'll need to clear the blower. Maybe my internets guesstimation is off though and it'll clear a mild cowl. Regardless this will be a sick kit.

Ok I finished the SC prototype all I need to do now it make the P/S bracket secure more you will have to use a mazda 6 PS pump for this and we will supply the adapter and the hose adapter to get it to work. There will be a pulley guard over the belts to cover the brackets and the belts and do realize this is the jig part that the finished product will be solid aluminum machined etc........

contourSCprototype.jpg

Doesn't the coolant crossover pipe interfere with the new pump location?

joey your doing great buddy, keep up the good work, im nearly done with my turbo remap as ive got a megasquirt to get installed into my car as we speak, hopefully by the end of this week i will have my car back with me, i managed to install the turbo kit myself, and im hoping to run some good boost with my forged pistons in my engine, look forward to the end product,

ive got myself a 3 liter engine that im going to be doing up as well, so will want to buy some forged pistons from you and forged rods and clevite bearings from you soon :)

Back