• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharged? Would it work?

ridiculous performance gain I would get out of a supercharger (better than a turbo for obvious reasons)

:rolleyes:.

But yes, S/C zetecs are pretty damn sweet.

what do you guys think of eaton superchargers? As opossed to other companies

i have got a jrsc on my mondeo with the blacktop motor and am pleased with it as a daily driver. the only down side, for me anyway, is the fact that it cannot be intercooled an as a result it is rather limited regards power. i intend to fit the snow wmi kit in the near future which will help a bit.

the powerworks sc looks a good bit of kit and being intercooled has more flexibilty power wise. i almost bought one (the kit for a for a focus) but am unsure if it will physically fit between the back of the motor and the firewall so i bottled out and got the jrsc which more or less bolted straight on.

both kits are reliable and were designed for the zetec so thats peace of mind for a start.

i've not really looked into the procharger kit so cannot comment other than it looks a nice bit of kit which produces some nice numbers.

Attachments

• JRSC installation 027 (Small).jpg
    JRSC installation 027 (Small).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
  • JRSC installation 032 (Small).jpg
    JRSC installation 032 (Small).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
super.jpg

Can I get more info on that supercharger set up? What are the specs? Who made it? things like build info/details/problems.

i have got a jrsc on my mondeo with the blacktop motor and am pleased with it as a daily driver. the only down side, for me anyway, is the fact that it cannot be intercooled an as a result it is rather limited regards power. i intend to fit the snow wmi kit in the near future which will help a bit.

the powerworks sc looks a good bit of kit and being intercooled has more flexibilty power wise. i almost bought one (the kit for a for a focus) but am unsure if it will physically fit between the back of the motor and the firewall so i bottled out and got the jrsc which more or less bolted straight on.

both kits are reliable and were designed for the zetec so thats peace of mind for a start.

i've not really looked into the procharger kit so cannot comment other than it looks a nice bit of kit which produces some nice numbers.

what kind of header do you have on that?

what kind of header do you have on that?

i got it from zx tuner in the states it was for the earlier zetec (silvertop) contour so i had to get the down pipe modified for it to fit because of the oil pan.
i just had a look on their site and its no longer listed, mind you i did get it a couple of years ago.

They used to make liquid chiller for the jackson racing s/c, it works pretty good from what I hear too.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR KIDDING that's hectors old car you gotta be kidding me he can post pics of that all day long

I'm 99.999998% sure that he knows that is Hectors old ride.

Isn't there like an air injection kit that uses compressed CO2 to greatly reduce air intake temps? I remember reading about it but cannot recall where. I would thing that would work wonders for a intercooler supplement.

man that cars gotta be sick. thought bout turboing or s/c my zetec but i might be selling it. hey dc i want those headlights lol

Isn't there like an air injection kit that uses compressed CO2 to greatly reduce air intake temps? I remember reading about it but cannot recall where. I would thing that would work wonders for a intercooler supplement.
Water/Methanol injection is where it is at.:cool:

hey dc i want those headlights lol

sorry fella theyre not going anywhere. take a look in the for sale section of MEG (mondeo enthusiasts group) they come up for sale now and again.

WMI is my next mod, i'm going to get the snow kit, the stage 2 maf boost cooler and a couple of extras so i can trunk mount it.

i'm going to be getting a water/meth kit also. right now i have a jrsc, that i had ported when i had the rotors repaired. i beleive it may the the same jrsc that was on the red car in the picture, if thats the one buttonpuncher got back on ebay. i plan to have the ported jrsc, water injection, cfm crank pulley, svt header, exhaust, and 65mm throttle body. all of it will hopefully go on my atx cougar sometime before the new year.

If i were to play with the jackson kit on my zetec atx, what would be involved besides the new bracket in order to make everything run well. Could it be just a direct bolt on, or are things like a new header, valve cover, injectors, etc. necessary? Also, will the vct motor be able to handle the boost going into it?

If i were to play with the jackson kit on my zetec atx, what would be involved besides the new bracket in order to make everything run well. Could it be just a direct bolt on, or are things like a new header, valve cover, injectors, etc. necessary? Also, will the vct motor be able to handle the boost going into it?
It worked for me.:laugh:

the jackson kit was designed to bolt on to a stock focus, the BBK (big boost kit) includes bigger injectors, smaller pulley and a reflash. fitting a decent header & bigger tb will improve on the kit. to get a bit more boost you can fit a larger crank pulley but that puts the max rpm on the sc at the redline.

Yes there is. You are thinking of the Cryo2 System. That thing could work some wonders for Water/Meth injection. Pretty ingenious setup IIRC. Lets see if I can find a linky.......
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1
Could be very easily retrofitted to work with methanol injection. It would basically become a fogger really. Not sure how well that would work, now that I think of it.

Last edited:
Back