• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharged? Would it work?

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
So I was talking with one of my buddies here at school, and the topic of superchargers came up. He has a Mustang GT with many goodies, and we got talking about my lame car. He mentioned to me the ridiculous performance gain I would get out of a supercharger (better than a turbo for obvious reasons). I asked him if there would be any restrictions that my engine wouldn't be able to handle, and he was saying around 8 lbs of boost tops. This seems reasonable, but is it a possibility or are there things about the motor that would interfere with it? This is all hypothetical at the moment, but it could be a thought down the line. It would be pretty badass to have a supercharged Zetec :D

the old jackson racing s/c for the zetec focus worked and I know of a couple of 2L zetec focus owners that use the rotrex jackson racing on theirs, they run without a/c though with the s/c in it's place. i guess the only question is if you can live without a/c. one of my friends (roger) has the rotrex on his 2l zetec focus and puts 252/213 hp/tq at the wheels but has other mods as well (ie focus sport cams, the old cosworth enclosed racing intake manifold w/ custom intake, injectors (not sure what kind,) full exhaust, msd coil pack and custom 93 octane tune.) He swears up and down all these mods would work on our zetecs except for the exhaust but did mention the zetec in his car was a contour zetec block and head with the rest of the internals bought aftermarket or stock from his original engine. some parts he's got on the car have been discontinued.

welcome to a few years ago, been done ... worked well. Hector used the jackson racing kit and had to fab a few things up. ran pretty well as I recall.

Yup, and ButtonPuncher now has Hectors old SC zetec. IIRC hes putting a new focus engine in it and a bigger M62 supercharger.

i have the jackson racing focus M45 supercharger kit on a mk1 mondeo (similar to your contours) and another guy over here in the Uk has done it aswell.

very nice mod indeed.

you could soon rack up the cost of the supercharger in N/A mods, so why not forget all them and just go for the supercharger instead :)

Welcome to 2004!:laugh:
picture.JPG

OMG I'm so retarded. I posted this REALLY late. I like, forgot about Hector's old car. Exhaust so loud you couldn't even hear yourself think...Ugh. Probably not worth the money when I could just get an SVT or something and get a few bolt-ons then. Figured maybe it would put out some better numbers than a turbo, but roughly the same it seems...

i also run a 2.0 zetec turbo mondeo, with a Nissan T28 turbo, decomp plate so it can run nice boost, big intercooler etc etc and it dicks all over my supercharged zetec. its in a total different league. the torque is unbeleiveable, it goes uphill like normal cars go downhill.

Nicest Zetec engine bay. That valve cover is incredible. Is that off of a ZX2?
Why yes it is off a ZX2. Believe it or not that is just paint.:cool:

Someone found my Youtube compilation. I need to upload some of the vids used without my ghetto music.:laugh:

Back