• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Summer 2007 Meet

Of course you're invited. However, I'm a little nervous that when you & Derk-xB show up it's going to look like an Audi meet:) Come on Contique owners! I don't see too many of you responding in this thread.
We still need to decide on the time of day & place to meet up, as well as, the destination(s) & routes we're taking? Let's not let another opportunity to meet pass us by.

-Aaron

I would like to go depending on what date and place. On the 25th we are having b-day party for my 3 year old will be 4. on the weekend before that it is blacked out for time off. We have the Lynden fair in town and nobody gets that time off.

If all wanted to do a Chuckanut drive we could drive a bit out of the way and meet end at my house and bbq. I will open my house for everyone. The only prob I see is that I am about 275 miles from portland.

OK so then, what I think I understand so far is:
Date: 8/11
Time:?:?? am
Primary assembly point:?
Secondary assembly point:?
Time of arrival at secondary point ?
Route?
Destination: Coast / ??
Menu: BBQ

Paraphernalia: Frisbees, wiffel ball, bad mitten, croquet, Tours, soccer balls, and ????

Head count:
Aussie Ford

Last edited:
Is Anastasia or anyone else coming from Seattle or up that way? If so, can you be here by 9:30? If not, how soon could you be here? We could also have a meet-up window of time (9:00-9:30, 9:30-10:00 or something) and depart at the end of that period. That'd give anyone unable to take the whole day an opportunity to stop by and say "hi" to everyone.

I think last time we did a coast trip we met at the Beaverton Fred Meyer parking lot, just off of 217 and Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. That way we're on the west side of town and not having to (potentially) fight a bunch of cross-town traffic.

The last time we did this, we went out Hwy 26, then took off south on Hwy 53, which is a nice, twisty road. If we do that, we come out pretty much right in between Tillamook and Seaside -- one is about 20mi south, the other about 20 mi north.

Another option would be to take Hwy 26 to Hwy 6, which comes out in Tillamook. Then we could check out whatever we wanted to see there, and head north to Seaside, possibly taking 53 back to 26, then out to Seaside. There'd be less back-tracking with this option if we want to hit both Tillamook and Seaside.

There are several parks along the way where we could stop and eat lunch. I don't know if anyone wants to bring a BBQ or anything. It might be simpler if we just hit a Subway or something and brought ready-to-eat stuff. Everyone can kinda do their own thing too, we don't all have to BBQ or picnic-it.

And yes, former 'Tour owners are definitely invited! :)

Marty

Okay guys. I'm going to be at the start point for this meet but I have a conflicting Niece birthday lunch now. It's scheduled for 11:30am @ Red Robin in Beaverton. If I can pull it off I will try to juggle both of these things.

-Aaron

I think last time we did a coast trip we met at the Beaverton Fred Meyer parking lot, just off of 217 and Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. That way we're on the west side of town and not having to (potentially) fight a bunch of cross-town traffic.
Meeting in Beaverton is fine w/ me, and it makes sense if we drive out to the coast.

Another option would be to take Hwy 26 to Hwy 6, which comes out in Tillamook. Then we could check out whatever we wanted to see there, and head north to Seaside, possibly taking 53 back to 26, then out to Seaside. There'd be less back-tracking with this option if we want to hit both Tillamook and Seaside.
I like the idea of Tillamook first. How about Hwy 6 to Tillamook, then 53 up to Hwy 26, then to Portland. How long does that take? I'm not opposed to doing to Seaside, though.

I also like the idea of just grabbing something like Subway or Quiznos.

I thought we could meet at one spot then stop at another along the way at a particular time frame, so that someone who couldn't get to the primary spot would know to go to the other....... just a thought.

OK so then, what I think I understand so far is:
Date: 8/11
Time: 9:00 am Depart 10:00 am.
Primary assembly point:Beaverton Fred Meyers parking lot.
Secondary assembly point:?
Time of arrival at secondary point ?
Route: Hwy 26 to Hwy6, to Tillamook, Hwy 101 to Seaside, Hwy 101 to Hwy53, to Hwy 26, home....... is this correct???
Destination: Coast / Tillamook & Seaside
Menu: BBQ, sandwitches, pizza, & etc......

Paraphernalia: Frisbees, wiffel ball, bad mitten, croquet, Tours, soccer balls, and ????

Head count:
Aussie Ford

SleeperZ - we can make it a mini Audi fest. ;)

It can be the First Annual CEG Troll Audi Fest, and Contour owners are invited ;)

I'm hoping to come down form Tacoma, I won't know for sure if I can make it until Friday. If I do, 10am is no problem.

If anybody from WA is going, do you want to meet up and drive down?

trash I just foundout that I won't be getting my check auto deposited friday so i have to go get it on saturday. Sry fellas.. someone take some good pics so I feel like I was there!!
-andy

It doesn't look like I am going to be able to make it either... Sat. is a tough day to get off around here... I really wanted to make it! Arg!! Maybe... just maybe... I can be "sick" on Sat. hmm... its worth a shot I guess... lol... but its still a 3 hour drive for me :eek: !! Maybe we can start to plan another meet for next month or something where we can all meet in the middle???

If meeting up is 9 to 10 am at the Freddy's/217/Beav-Hillsdale lot (a block north of Beaverton City Hall?, a block east of Hooters?) I am very likely to make that part of the G2G. Minus one sideskirt.

Just have your Bride pick up your check for you and come on the trip. You know she is going to get it anyway. Just eliminate the middle man (YOU) and have a good time while your at it... LOL works for me and we're going on 30yrs.
Your Pal,
AF

trash I just foundout that I won't be getting my check auto deposited friday so i have to go get it on saturday. Sry fellas.. someone take some good pics so I feel like I was there!!
-andy

For the route, the second option I was thinking was: Hwy 26 to Hwy 6, Hwy 6 to Tillamook. From there, Hwy 101 to Hwy 53, Hwy 53 to Hwy 26, Hwy 26 to Hwy 101, Hwy 101 to Seaside. Then Hwy 101 to Hwy 26 and back to Portland from Seaside. There's less backtracking that way than going down 101 from Seaside and then coming back up 53 to go home.

For those who can't make it to this one, post what days you're available during September in the new thread, and we'll do another meet then, maybe doing the WA Hwy 12 drive or something.

Marty

Head count:
Aussie Ford
GrooveNerd

Back