• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stylin's full-3L 98.5 SVT install thread

diggin the camber plates dude

i have a spare set if you happen to need some.

Stylin, with the MAF directly connected to the TB, you won't be able to connect your valve cover breathers to the intake between the MAF and the TB. Are yours open to air?

hope you didn't run it long

nope, it barely ran at all, but thanks for the heads up.

i like my red plates too :)

Stylin, with the MAF directly connected to the TB, you won't be able to connect your valve cover breathers to the intake between the MAF and the TB. Are yours open to air?

this was a temporary setup stolen off my other SVT for testing purposes. I havent made my mind up on an intake yet. What intakes are people here using with the plastic 3.0L intake manifold?? I was debating making my own.

well, simplest is of course to run PCV & VCB to atmosphere, but that's not emission legal. if that's a concern, then you'll want to be sure to plumb the VCB (and PCV if using forced induction) into a home-made or aftermarket "short ram" type intake pipe after the MAF.

for the PCV, run a catch can. even if your NA.

i run a lightning airbox. works well with the 05 taurus manifold. maf bolts to box, maf goes to reducer, small 45' bend, to TB.

Mosh, thanks for posting! You and Tricker have convinced me to get my 3L TB modded. The current throttle is *so* touchy! I don't remember seeing you on here before. How long ago did you do your swap?

I did a SVT ported 3.0L swap in early '08 and a full 2005 swap in October '08. There's a full write up with pics in the 3L registry.

I post occasionally when I'm focused on the Contour.

for the PCV, run a catch can. even if your NA.

i run a lightning airbox. works well with the 05 taurus manifold. maf bolts to box, maf goes to reducer, small 45' bend, to TB.

yeah, that intake looks pretty wicked in the other thread man, almost stock, might have to dump the svt airbox I'm running right now. how does it sound?

Baer Kit

Baer Kit

New Brakes

IMG_1347.jpg

So my 3.0L project is still slowly crawling forward. the motor is installed and ready to be tuned, but I'm in the body work stages currently.

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

i also just recently purchased some new parts :D

IMG_1868.jpg

well, simplest is of course to run PCV & VCB to atmosphere, but that's not emission legal. if that's a concern, then you'll want to be sure to plumb the VCB (and PCV if using forced induction) into a home-made or aftermarket "short ram" type intake pipe after the MAF.

just re-read this post and thought... holy dirty maf batman!

is there not a way around pumping dirty oily sludge onto your MAF? maybe pipe it in before the air filter with a closed intake?

question:

I have a focus svt fuel pump. My car is a 98.5 and therefore has a return system. I was told that this setup will not work. What are my options?

has anyone had any problems running the stock 3L oil pan on a turbo set up? I just started to test fit my piping and it looks like my collector piping (headers to turbo) will not even come close to clearing my oil pan. it barely clears the pickup tube. I'm installing an NPG kit. any advice at all would be helpful before i start cutting up my piping.

Back