• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stylin's full-3L 98.5 SVT install thread

No, they are nearly identical, only difference being on the upper portion of the housing going to the block and the crossover. He will just need the lines that run to the useless SVT cooler.

I could go look at my Taurus ones I have laying around but I could swear that the Taurus waterpump housing has no downspout to hook the SVT oil cooler lines to. :shrug: I always use the old 2.5 housings with a new metal impellered waterpump or the updated white plastic impellered ones.

I used the 04 water pump that came on my engine, it had the port at the bottom of the pump for the heat hose/cooler line.

also from my checks the taurus oil oan is about 1/4 deeper then the escape pan.

I used the 04 water pump that came on my engine, it had the port at the bottom of the pump for the heat hose/cooler line.

also from my checks the taurus oil oan is about 1/4 deeper then the escape pan.

Yes, and yes.

Just wanted everyone to know that this isn't dead. I just had some very long delays. I have acquired a 2.5L timing cover, 3.0L exhaust manifold gaskets, timing cover seal. I am getting ready to send my trans out to be rebuilt with a torsen. I will update more, with pictures as i go along. I'm sure i'll have 100 more questions.

I'm running a 2.5L computer and factory wiring in the car to the engine and using a 3.0L 04 taurus engine with its stock wiring. According to the diagram i saw i will need to repin the connections but I cant find anybody on these forums making mention of significant rewiring. Am i missing something?

Also does anybody on here run C.O.P. ? I plan on doing this since it will require zero extra parts. I need some pointers.

You can easily make the harness yourself. In fact, if you have the 3l harness that already has the COP connectors on it, you might be able to splice the COP section of it into your 2.5l harness without having to add any extra wire... I'd have to check the wiring diagrams to be sure though.

Tha being said, if it's over your head, Buckeye over on FCO sells a plug n play COP adapter for $99 each.

Has anybody has any clearance issues with the 04 taurus/sable steel coolant line running across the front of the motor to the the lower passenger side of the radiator? It looks like it should work but I dont have any AC compressor bolts and if anything is going to cause fitment issues it looks like its going to be the AC comp.

Has anybody has any clearance issues with the 04 taurus/sable steel coolant line running across the front of the motor to the the lower passenger side of the radiator? It looks like it should work but I dont have any AC compressor bolts and if anything is going to cause fitment issues it looks like its going to be the AC comp.

I've never used one either, only the 2.5L pipe. Are you missing the stock 2.5L pipe?

Is there any reason to not use the 2.5L throttle body. wouldnt this solve the throttle cable and cruise control cable issues? I must be missing something because that seems too easy.

have never used the taurus one, always the 2.5L ...

Just and update... the 3.0L coolant tube that crosses the motor will not work. It interferes with the electric fan assembly. Unfortunately for my build i do not have the 2.5L one so i will be finding one or using silicone tubing.

Here's a picture of my new project about 6 months ago. I realized this thread needed more pictures.

utf-8BMDgxNTA4MTc0OS5qcGc.jpg

Back