• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock times

i think stock to stock, the contour will beat it then! i had a v6auto, and it was no slouch!

yeah, i am retaded sometimes!

My svt ran a 15.2 the first time out (with wheel spin into the top of second) and i even forgot to turn off the A/C (it was pretty hot in the car waiting in the staging area lol) I had minor mods then as well, i only had a K&N drop in filter, 94 octane fuel and no resonator with stock mufflers. I have since done quite a few mods to it but the local track doesnt open for at least another month so i will have to wait and see what it will run with all the new mods.

My svt ran a 15.2 the first time out (with wheel spin into the top of second) and i even forgot to turn off the A/C (it was pretty hot in the car waiting in the staging area lol) I had minor mods then as well, i only had a K&N drop in filter, 94 octane fuel and no resonator with stock mufflers. I have since done quite a few mods to it but the local track doesnt open for at least another month so i will have to wait and see what it will run with all the new mods.

For your safety as well as every other car that goes down the track, PLEASE turn off your A/C. I'm not talking about while driving down the track. I mean while sitting in the staging lanes. You A/C system will drip water on the track. Sure, your low hp, street tired, slow car wouldn't have a problem. But that little drop of water could be extremely danger for the 1,000 hp drag slick car car that may go down the track after you.

I hate people that go to the track without learning proper procedures first.

Please stick to the topic ("Stock times") and keep items unrelated to that in other threads.

I just ran at my local drag strip, Emerald Coast Dragway, for the first time. I work with a couple of motorheads who finally peer pressured me into running. I had a full tank, my 5 year old son, a cooler, and everything else inside. Out of 5 passes I got a best of 10.71 at 65mph in the 1/8th mile. I also ran a 10.77@64.xxmph on my first drag pass ever. I was nervous, admittedly, and got .8xxx reaction time on several passes. I improved a couple of times to .3xx and .4xx. I have to master my launch though. My 2 best were launched okay, but my others I kept spinning at launch. Too high RPMs on street tires. The car needs a tuneup, probably a new EGR, brakes, a fix to my evasive vacuum leak, and a complete fluid change. But it was good enough to shut some guys up at the track. And my boy told me at the end of our first pass that we need to do this every weekend lol.

I think my buddy had a freak tour.... in his 99 SE V6 MTX he ran a 15.277 with only mods being no resonator and a fart can. Average for him was a 15.4 consistantly. But now that car has probly been crushed... roled about 4 times and stoped with it hitting a couple of trees. If i can find some pics of it I will throw them up.

I like old topics.

I ran a 15.086 with a 60' of 2.343, stock except for 17" wheels. Later that night, I hit a 2.294 60' but ran a 15.233. If I would have hit the 2.2 60' on my faster run, I think I would have hit a 14.9.

The fastest i ever got mine to run was a 15.2xx. Dont have the time slip anymore, and it was last summer. Dont remember the 60' or 1/8th times. All i had were my 17x7 Superlaggeras and some Dunlop Direzzas, otherwise it was stock. A humid day and i kept running consistent 15.4s launching from idle, cause i didnt want to break the diff. Last pass i decided to launch from like 1800-2000 and ran a my 15.2xx @ 91. I cant imagine getting a stock one into the 14s.

I researched this subject as well as read car&driver/motortrends specs for my specific MY2000 CSVT, everything I read said 15.7 but I guess that's with the tires that came on them new?

It's bone stock except a K&N "drop in" air filter, brand new toyo proxe 4's & just flushed MT fluid & replaced with Amsoil Synchromesh. Car has just under a 100k, bought it at 95 from original owner who took very good care of it & owned it since new.

About a month ago here in Indianapolis there was a Mustang & all Ford show. I was the only CSVT there, thought there'd be at least 1 other? But 1st day was drag/autoX & I ran my car 4 times. I'm 29 & have not been to a drag strip since my late teens/early 20's; had 4 different fox body 5.0's (modified) & spent allot of time at IRP now ORP (the drag strip here in Indy).

1st run was the best all around of the day...
RT-.258 (happy with it being 9-10 years since i'd went down the strip).
60'-2.331
1/4mile-15.523 at 88.5mph

The next 3 runs were all slower bc started getting bad wheel hop? Guess the sticky track mixed with sticky tires.

1998 Contour Duratec ATX
16.4 at 86mph, Sacramento raceway, CA
Completely stock, except for some weight reduction: Rear and passenger seats, center console, door panels, speakers, trunk liner and carpet. (I wanted to scrub the carpet anyway)
Also the a/c is non functioning so it is bypassed with a belt from a non-a/c contour.

And I breathed out all of the air in my lungs, and then held my breath for the run, so that I would weigh less. ;)

i cant seem to break 15.9 no matter what i do.i went out to 42 last night and my best was 15.97 idb.but i have not been able to break 15 until then.everything was like 16.1 @89mph..i did have a 90mph run but it was 16.1..idk i hate 42 their track is terrible but damn.16s?and thats with fading the clutch and keeping the secondarys open and my foot on the floor.

I got a 15.5 with my 00' contour SVT... then again it has headers and 180 degree thermostat and thats it....

Now I have a y-pipe and am building a 3L I am hoping to get that to the mid to high 14's.

I took my completely stock CSVT with over 160xxx miles to the 1/4 mile last week and ran a 15.6 that was on a cold track with bad tires.my worst run was a 15.7 so these cars do run mid to high 15's. pretty good for an older car. with a warmed up track and some good rubber, i think i could pull a 15.4 thats not too far from what they claim it should do.

i have to chime in. my old zeke ran a 17.8 stock, and this was a ATX. I remember this because it was my first time ever at a track (i was 18) and i got my ass handed to me by a SVT with only a K&N which ran a 15.3 which i thought was fast... lol

i was able to get my zeke down to a 16.997 which was one of it's final runs ever before i ran it into a tree. literally.

i had a FMS header, full custom exhaust to a rice muffler, no trunk stuff, no rear seat, door panels, carpet. custom intake tube, k&n , diablo chip, 13" front tires on steelies, a/c bypassed. some other garbage. in all honesty i was rude to that car for a while but i didn't care.. lol.

also most of the SVT's i saw running at any given time were anywhere from a 15.0 to a 15.4 if it helps (by the way this was in Florida)

The MFG claims have always been pretty accurate IMO. I never ran my old CSVT but I did run the Crossfire I got after the CSVT and the book says 14.9@95 mph and my first pass in the Crossfire (first time ever down the track with a stick car too mind you!) I ran a 14.8@94 mph, pretty good I must say and yes, this car felt faster than the CSVT and well, the proof is right there. Hair dressers car....yeah, right, whatever:rolleyes:

SRT6's run consistant 13.1-13.4's, tell them about a hair do, if you can catch them:laugh:

My bone stock 1998 2.0L Zetec Contour with 120,000 kms on it just recently did the 1/4 mile in.....

Attachments

• 1998 Contour stock small..jpg
    1998 Contour stock small..jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
Back